1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
615 Posts
spares are a way of life with those two stroke engines. pistons, cylinders, cranks, reeds, etc etc. If you want to get into running 2 strokes you might want to look into getting a kit bike with spares or a used bike with spares. The WERA board usually has some good ones with a decent number of spares. Otherwise it looks like a good bike

·
Registered
174 Posts
125's are SICK if you you can ride one. I can't physically get on a Honda, and the TZ125 I used to race was very uncomfortable. Sprint races were OK, but the 30min GT races would leave me in a lot of pain (knee issues). A full track day would be murder for me...

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Seems like a TON of money for a 125 bike that is that old, even if it is "new", and comes with NO spares......bet his minimum offer will go a begging.

·
Geez. Some people...
1,615 Posts
bmxr said:
125's are SICK if you you can ride one. I can't physically get on a Honda, and the TZ125 I used to race was very uncomfortable. Sprint races were OK, but the 30min GT races would leave me in a lot of pain (knee issues). A full track day would be murder for me...
True that. I'm 6', 190 lbs., and you aren't getting me on a 125 with a shoe horn! But they're cool little bikes for smaller people.

(Semi-forgotten fact: Nicky and Tommy Hayden started road racing on 125's, and kicked ass. So much for the theory that Nicky only knows how to ride "dirt track style"...:rolleyes: )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts