Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (jbraslins)

Looks rough but, I think you'll live....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhh, nice sticker.

You gave me an idea, ill try and find a full-size NESBA sticker like that to put on my tail gate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I hate my truck too, but it's a must for a bike. I have a condo, so a trailer is a no go. I may buy a car, and park the truck. I would love to get a RX8, 350Z, or a Mini Cooper S. I have a thing for the late model 300ZX also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Truck good. BMW = the ghey.
Wise move, grasshoppahhhh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (996miami)

There is nothing ghey about the better gas mileage in the BMW.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Nice truck. Enjoy the $50 fill-ups!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Ya shudda gotten a crew cab.......so's yur friends could ride along and save gas money.

Came back from Jennings yesterday in the back seat of one....nice piece of equipment...and it was free. Now that's a pal. Fell asleep in Valdosta and woke up in Atlanta.

Niiiiiiice truck....congrats.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

how much does a
pickup like that set you back? I am waiting for a hybrid truck to come(going to wait awhile!). My buddy has a new f150 truck and it sure is sweet, congrats!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (Ace)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ace »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice truck. Enjoy the $50 fill-ups!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
dOOd, it takes two cards to fill up my truck,seems to blow right through one $50 limit. Just tickles the second card though !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (SP8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is nothing ghey about the better gas mileage in the BMW.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i love the mileage on my '01 330 Ci, but I feel your pain on the truck too. I went through the same dillema while about to buy the car. My solution is to marry a girl with a truck...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (duc_748)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by duc_748 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am waiting for a hybrid truck to come(going to wait awhile!).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you waiting for a particular truck? Chevrolet already sells a hybrid Silverado:
http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/hybrid/

I don't really get it, though. It only improves gas mileage by like 2-3 mpg.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (duc_748)

A hybrid would be nice. I have a 01 Nissan Frontier XE 2.4 liter 4cyl. I only get 19 MPG at best with that engine. That's coasting down hills in neutral. It's usually like 17 MPG. Granted 70 to 75 MPH don't help, but that's how I drive. All trucks suck on gas. No matter the engine size, or brand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (Baasinator)

Plus the fact the factory MPG numbers are always inflated. My truck is supposed to get 22/25 MPG. That must be when driving on the moon. Funny how cars with similiar engines always get better MPG then trucks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I have a '94 Nissan and I get 20-26 MPG, 2.4 with a 5 speed trans. It keeps on running so I find it hard to justify buying a new truck, especially now that gas prices are so volatile. I've had it for 10 years now and I find the clutch is the weakest link, I have replaced it twice and I just turned it over 100K miles.

So a small gutless truck can do the job of hauling a bike around and get decent milage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (Baasinator)

ya i am waiting for a hybrid that actualy shows the benifits of being a hybrid. A high 20"s-30mpg would be amazing, oneday. I have a VW Touareg and it loves to tow with my factory $$ tow package! But dang, the fuel consuption is horrific!
Should have bought a hemi, would have got the same MPG! It costs 50+ bucks to fill up and only goes 200miles around town driving! ouch! of course it weighs around 5000lbs so no surprise there, but its the only one you see at the track!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (Latebraker)

I'm amazed you get gas mileage like that. I wish I could get 26 MPG with my Nissan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I get 43-46 mpg in my daily driver, a Toyota Echo.

It doesn't tow worth a crap though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Oh shit, I hope things don't get that bad. I just dropped $700.00 to install this trailer hitch!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: This hobby sucks, traded BMW for a truck :( (socal)

Screw hybrids! In anything but a cheap econobox, they're useless. The way to go in a truck or SUV is DIESEL. They get easily 50% better mileage than gas engines, with even more towing capacity.

The best thing is, next year the European-style low-sulphur "clean" diesel fuel will be available in the U.S. So not only will you get the power and mileage benefits, the stuff doesn't spew black smoke and soot into the air either.

Mercedes just got done setting a new world record: They ran an E320 diesel sedan 100,000 miles around a test track in Texas at an average speed of almost 140mph (that includes stops for fuel and driver changes). They acheived almost 18mpg - at that speed, mind you - and at the end of the test, the exhaust pipe was as clean as new, because of the new fuel.

6 years ago, I made the mistake of buying a Ford dually crew cab to haul the race trailer - with the V-10 gas engine. I installed a Paxton supercharger on it, and sure, it hauls ass even with the full trailer behind it. But it gets maybe 8 miles per gallon of Premium doing it.

That same truck with the latest Powerstroke diesel will probably get 20mpg hauling the trailer, and it actually has more power and torque than my blown gas engine. For sure, my next truck will be a diesel...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts