Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
You thought Stoner came from wealth? His background has been discussed in great detail...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You thought Stoner came from wealth? His background has been discussed in great detail...
No, I didn't think he came from money, but I also didn't know exactly how rough they had it.

As someone who raced out of a '72 Dodge Van for a few years I can appreciate what they went through.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Stop it. He's a privileged cry baby. Ask anyone here.:rolleyes:

Reminds me alot of James Stewart in Supercross. His dad collected aluminum cans to make money for entry fees. Dude busted his azz to make ends meet and his son races as hard as he could so his father would never have to work again. And now he doesn't.:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nobody ever said the dude came from money, in fact he's best friends with one of my more favorite riders Chaz Davies. That still doesn't change the perception that he comes across as entitled and a snobby little baby. You don't have to be from money to have that effect..money just magnifies it

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Nobody ever said the dude came from money, in fact he's best friends with one of my more favorite riders Chaz Davies. That still doesn't change the perception that he comes across as entitled and a snobby little baby. You don't have to be from money to have that effect..money just magnifies it
How can you be entitled if you never came from anything? Love to hear that explanation. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
426 Posts
How can you be entitled if you never came from anything? Love to hear that explanation. :rolleyes:
He acts entitled which is what was stated, which is the strange thing given his modest upbringing. I can respect his parents for their sacrifices for Casey, but apparently it must not have all rubbed off on him. He must be very spiteful that other riders he is better than currently make so much more in endorsements and salary and get more respect too boot.

·
Registered
365 Posts
As stated, I didn't say he's entitled I said he comes across as entitled since the minute he got on the Duc. Entitled to un-earned respect from other riders, entitled to un-earned respect from the media as in we are all priviledged to know him or be in his presence. His team turned on him and subsequently let him go. The attitude has a hint of Biaggi in it and we saw how that worked out for him in terms or personality...talent is a whole different story meaning I'm not saying they share the same talent, Casey is much more capable than Max but they both come from nothing

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
:rolleyes:

I think the majority of you hater's have made up your minds on him and will distort any and all form of reality to fit your outlook on him. I've seen numerous examples of this and not only on this forum.

The true irony of Casey's existence is listening to a crapload of haters WHINE about his being and then accusing HIM of being a whiner.
Very amusing to say the least.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wouldn't call myself a Casey hater..I think it's more of a personality thing. I like humble riders and prefer that trait over people that have talent but constantly bitch about everything. Every time I hear talented people complain about stuff I think about Chris Rock's quote in The Longest Yard "I know how all you white boys be depressed all the time and don't understand why...smile you're white.." lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.