Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a similar question in the Super bike section. Thanks to those who responded there. Turns out I made two mistakes though. First, should have put the post in general chat section and two, duh, I meant Wyoming, not Montanna . Anyways, does anyone have any recommendations for routes/things to see for a two day bike trip to Wyoming? I would be coming in through the center of the North part of the state. I know didly about roads, lodging, etc. All I have is an Atlas that shows about 1/5 of the roads.

Thanks again,
Art

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Things to do in Wyoming (arty)

Sorry, Art, somehow I missed this post. If it's open, Beartooth Pass from Red Lodge MT to Cook City is a "don't miss". Yellowstone has some fun roads and some rough ones, but the traffic can be bad, although things seem to be slowing down a bit lately. The Bighorn Mts have some fun roads and you could combine them with a trip through northeast Yellowstone Park. Or come into Yellowstone from the north and leave through West Yellowstone, MT (or vice versa). Or just pick some blue lines in the mountains on the map and you probably can't go wrong. I live in Jackson Hole which is just south of Yellowstone and we have some fun riding nearby, but lots of road construction and traffic. Good luck! When you planning this trip?
Joe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Things to do in Wyoming (arty)

Art - I visted Wyoming on my ST4 just 3 weeks ago. The first 30 miles of the road starting from Buffalo West to Cody (Hwy 16, I believe) was one of the most beautiful I have ever ridden. I also enjoyed the road from Cody to Yellowstone (be advised - they were doing heavy road work just inside yellowstone and the roads mud on stones - very bad). The Teton pass from Jackson over to Idaho is very nice (again, construction on the Idaho side). Finally, the roads up around Devil's Tower were pleasantly fast and twisty.

I hope this helps - do post pictures!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Things to do in Wyoming (Rooster)

I should also note that, if you are coming from Calgary, you owe it to yourself to come down Waterton park, take the Going-to-the-sun highway through Glacier national park, take Hwy 2 West to 35, take 35 South along Flathead Lake, then take 93 South all the way to the Idaho border -- from there, take 43 East to Wisdon then South from Wisdom until you hit I-15. Take I-15 South until just inside Idaho then get on 33 (I think) to take the Teton pass into Jackson Wyoming -- trust me, other than Hwy 20 and the north cascades highway in Washington state, these are some of the nicest roads you will ever ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts