Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (AZ Scott)

Yeah - Pork chop... rare

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

In the last several years, doesn't it seem like alot of top racers are getting injuried training in the off season..........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (Superbikemike1000)

road bicycle riding

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jager »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">road bicycle riding
</TD></TR></TABLE>

cardio training. most top pros do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

They should start a racing series for those things.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (YellowJacket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YellowJacket »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cardio training. most top pros do it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
duh...I'll stick with mountain biking and running to get my cardio thank you. No ballerina outfits for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (jager)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jager »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
duh...I'll stick with mountain biking and running to get my cardio thank you. No ballerina outfits for me.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

since u don't seem to understand.

mountain biking does not give u the same kind of cardio training as being a the road bike. although they are similar, they different disciplines. road riding is simply a much better cardio workout than mountain biking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Let me ask you this:

We know that roadies like to ride single-file for aerodynamic reasons. So why is it that whenever there's vehicle traffic trying to pass them, all of a sudden they have to ride two and three abreast?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

those are just the inconsiderate assholes that think they own the road. i used to ride with a group on sat mornings and stopped cause there were a few guys that thought they owned the damn road. it pissed me off especially since they endanger the entire group if they get hit and knock the rest of us over.
btw, single file works only for a small group. if there is a large group, they can usually take up an entire lane. it's amazing the draft u sit in when u are in the middle of the group. of course, those groups generally move fast so they aren't holding up traffic. i am just as annoyed (if not more so)with riders that show no respect or consideration of other people on the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

worse injury of my life (so far) was from a road bike crash. Broken femur...before clipless pedals. Still hampers me. OUCH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Anyone see the picture of Jeff Ward in this months MBA mag...? Dragging his knee in a corner on a Kona mountain bike...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (old timer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by old timer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone see the picture of Jeff Ward in this months MBA mag...? Dragging his knee in a corner on a Kona mountain bike...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Somebody has got to scan that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Somebody has got to scan that!</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! ([email protected])

The gym i work at has a lady that is a top local racer (bicycle). She went down the same weekend I went down on the RC. Here's the score.
Me: 60mph, scuffed leathers, trashed helmet and no bodily injury
Her: 15 mph, couldn't walk right for a few weeks, permanent scaring, and a nasty reminder that spandex doesn't provide good abraision resistance.
And she said I was crazy for riding motorcycles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (wolf44)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolf44 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The gym i work at has a lady that is a top local racer (bicycle). She went down the same weekend I went down on the RC. Here's the score.
Me: 60mph, scuffed leathers, trashed helmet and no bodily injury
Her: 15 mph, couldn't walk right for a few weeks, permanent scaring, and a nasty reminder that spandex doesn't provide good abraision resistance.
And she said I was crazy for riding motorcycles
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i find that pretty ironic. i was on a mountain road (glendora mountain rd for socal people) on my bicycle and found myself going 50-60mph on some of the straights. not sure how fast i was going around the corners, but i thought about it afterwards and decided never to do that again. when i ride my motorcycle i like to at least have a nice jacket and a full face. spandex and and little bike helmet offer no protection in case of a fall. i have been fortunate and only gone down once on my road bicycle. i pinch flatted the front tire and crashed. luckily i wasn't moving fast but i got road rash on my ass!
bicycles are far more dangerous than motorcycles!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

"They split it and I didn't have any time to react, I hit it square and it wrenched the bars out of my hands and I went down. " Sounds like target fixation. Bicylcles, snowmobiles, what's next a bowling accident?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (bba)

raced mountain and road bikes for a number of years while i live in pennsylvania..there is nothing like cruising along in a peloton at 35 mph and your barely spinning your pedals or as hard as pulling an echelon down a windy road. i really do miss it...but alas.. my knees can't take it anymore

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: They should ban those damn bicycles! They're dangerous! (rc51crazy)

On a serious note, I was injured by an Agentinian babe-0-rama (
) tonight. My chiropractor will be buying another new 'Vette by June...

I say, ban the mamaseeters from Argentina....no, wait

1 - 20 of 30 Posts