Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of getting all psyched up for trackdays. Part of my routine is to walk around in my leathers and sitting on the bike for a bit in the garage. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She's probably right but I can't help it. I'm a motorcycle junkie. I walk in the kitchen to get some paper towels to wipe off some leather cleaner I missed. The wifey looks at me just shaking her head telling my 2 yr old son I have a problem. She then takes an interest in the armor of the ole' SMX-2 suit. Next thing I know she punched me in the nutz. OUCH!!!!! No armour. "Honey, I'm so sorry....I thought they had cups in them". No they don't

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: The Wife Doesn't Get It. (Loosecannon)

lol...I think its time for you to have a sitdown talk with the wife....lol

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I did the same thing before my first trackday, last week, too and got the same reaction from my GF. ( although she didn't try punching me in the nuts !! )

She just shakes her head and says ' It must be a guy thing' and I just respond 'Must be a girl thing' we laugh and off I went back to my bike.

Have fun at your trackday and enjoy !!!

Cheers -

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loosecannon »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm in the process of getting all psyched up for trackdays. Part of my routine is to walk around in my leathers and sitting on the bike for a bit in the garage. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She's probably right but I can't help it. I'm a motorcycle junkie. I walk in the kitchen to get some paper towels to wipe off some leather cleaner I missed. The wifey looks at me just shaking her head telling my 2 yr old son I have a problem. She then takes an interest in the armor of the ole' SMX-2 suit. Next thing I know she punched me in the nutz. OUCH!!!!! No armour. "Honey, I'm so sorry....I thought they had cups in them". No they don't
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like a Minnesota woman! but tell me with on BIR what track do you ride at? Dakota County?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Wait till she sees the bill for the weekend, then she will be doing the pacing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Does your wife say you look like a red "Power Ranger", like mine does?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: The Wife Doesn't Get It. (bwhip)

My chickie is in full support right thru all my "unusual antics" with motorbikes, having had 31 bikes she knows there is no way to change me so I guess she just joins me
I am a lucky bastid

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: The Wife Doesn't Get It. (drthompson65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drthompson65 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sounds like a Minnesota woman! but tell me with on BIR what track do you ride at? Dakota County?</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is DCTC for a warm up before the real fun begins. I will run Brainerd a couple of times and maybe Road America later in the summer. I also ran Blackhawk Farms last year. Looking to do 4 or 5 dates this summer.

<--- The avatar is from BIR last year.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife sits at the track all day telling me how much faster I looked that session..

Of course I know that is the same as John Wayne telling someone he will be ok after seeing his bottom half get blown off by a land mine..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (Ropes4u)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ropes4u »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My wife sits at the track all day telling me how much faster I looked that session..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine stays home. I think she would rather do laundry than go to a track day.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: (Phil 998)

mine is the best...hands down.

she tells me "spend all the money you want on the track, but never ride the street again"

uh...ok!

so i bought an enclosed trailer, re-finished it (it was a landscaping trailer) i mean everything to make this a motorcycle trailer, so i bought a set of leathers (rs taichi) and inner, new gloves, canopy, tables/chairs, carpet, stove,
track only bike (900ss) so that i dont bin the RC51. (too late)
then i stopped riding the Duc and put more $ into turning the RC51 into a track only tool
race plastic, power race, and looking to do more.

while at the track my wife helps me set up and aside from taking care of our 6mo son she helps me in/out of my leathers and provides me with a snack between sessions. she prepares a full-blown hot lunch during lunch break.
while i'm out on the track she tries to find the best possible area to take pics and video.
after the day is over she helps me pack the trailer and helps me drive home.

she is the best....ever

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: The Wife Doesn't Get It. (bwhip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bwhip »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Does your wife say you look like a red "Power Ranger", like mine does? </TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL...I get "Wonderwoman"...(I have to admit that my Vanson suit does kind of resemble her outfit!!)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: The Wife Doesn't Get It. (tricklidz1)

Steve, I was thinking the same thing when I saw you up at Louden the other week.
..........Kidding!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts