·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is the master of :wacky

"Rossi says injury the worst of his career

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde
Autosport.com, June 4th 2010,

Valentino Rossi says his shoulder problem is the worst injury he has sustained during his career, and the Italian claims he is riding at 70% of his potential.

Rossi has been carrying the injury since he crashed during a motocross training session in April.

The Italian says he still needs a lot of time to recover and admitted he will have to undergo surgery when the season ends if things don't improve.

"These things heal in three and a half months: I'm fully assisted, but only one and a half months have gone by," Rossi was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"The shoulder bone tried to dislocate and broke the cartilage around it. I'm disheartened: this is the worst injury in my career.

"It will stay with me until the summer break, and in the meantime I will try to strengthen the muscles in order to support the shoulder. However, if I don't manage to, I will have to undergo surgery at the end of the season, and that will waste some months for me.

"I feel at 65-70% of my physical potential, but to race here, with these incredible spectators, will perhaps give me an extra push to do better than I could. We'll try to make he bike easier to ride in order to suffer less, and the rest will come from the heart."

:clapper

·
This space for rent
1,478 Posts
The same problem didn't stop Hayden from winning the championship in 2006. I had the same injury from a MX crash and it took a month to heal and I couldn't raise my arm over my head for a couple of weeks but I was ok after a while.

Head games or excuses, you be the judge. ;)

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
The same problem didn't stop Hayden from winning the championship in 2006. I had the same injury from a MX crash and it took a month to heal and I couldn't raise my arm over my head for a couple of weeks but I was ok after a while.

Head games or excuses, you be the judge. ;)
BOOM! The head games only exist in his own head. He's getting taken for a walk so far this season by Lorenzo so he needs everyone to feel sorry for him and put an asterisk by his results. :rolleyes:

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Funny how now that he is in danger of losing #1 status on the team we don't hear anything about how he is enjoying the challenge of racing other top riders, how it has renewed his enthusiasm for racing, how he might do this for several more years.

Even the great ones like Rossi are someday overtaken by younger riders. It might be 2010 when this happens or in a year or two. But I predict Rossi will likely never again be the jovial clown he was when he absolutely dominated the series. Stoner and Lorenzo don't really seem fazed by his head games like Gibernau or Biaggi did. The race wins and titles Valentino earns from here on out will be because of his riding, not because he got in the heads of the competition.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think all this talk is premature, we are only a few races in. Lets let the season play out a bit before we start saying Lorenzo is No. 1 at Yamaha:wacky :wacky . Im not a leghumper but jebus this is Rossi we are talking about.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Stoner and Lorenzo don't really seem fazed by his head games like Gibernau or Biaggi did..

Stoner not a victim of Rossi headgames? He was mentally broken by "the pass" at Laguna and hasn't been the same since. Stoner is a head case. When history looks back at his chapionship it will only be due to a superior 800cc Duc and superior 'stones. it was blatantly obvious in 07 he was on a superior package. I do believe stoner to be the fastest rider over one lap, but he has shown more than once he has trouble in a head to head for the win.

Lorenzo is much stronger mentally though, i will agree with you there. We will see if the Dr. dispatches another foe or has finally meets his match.
:rockon

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
For every action in racing... there is an equal and opposite criticism...

The size of a racers head is proportional to the size of the head game...

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think all this talk is premature, we are only a few races in. Lets let the season play out a bit before we start saying Lorenzo is No. 1 at Yamaha:wacky :wacky . Im not a leghumper but jebus this is Rossi we are talking about.
+1

Lorenzo is brilliant ... on the machine Rossi and Burgess developed.

Right now Stoner's got more to worry about from the Ducati's head games.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Funny how now that he is in danger of losing #1 status on the team we don't hear anything about how he is enjoying the challenge of racing other top riders, how it has renewed his enthusiasm for racing, how he might do this for several more years.

Even the great ones like Rossi are someday overtaken by younger riders. It might be 2010 when this happens or in a year or two. But I predict Rossi will likely never again be the jovial clown he was when he absolutely dominated the series. Stoner and Lorenzo don't really seem fazed by his head games like Gibernau or Biaggi did. The race wins and titles Valentino earns from here on out will be because of his riding, not because he got in the heads of the competition.

Couldnt agree with you more!

if Lorenzo pulls off the win this weekend, you will see the Rossi train start to pull into the station with excuses! He is by far the GOAT, but all good things come to an end! :clapper

·
12,576 Posts
+1

Lorenzo is brilliant ... on the machine Rossi and Burgess developed.
Yeah, they developed it, but now that they have a wall between them, we're seeing that Lorenzo has ZERO problems setting up his bike. It's becoming clear that Rossi was the one stealing setup info last year, opposite of what he claimed.;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah, they developed it, but now that they have a wall between them, we're seeing that Lorenzo has ZERO problems setting up his bike. It's becoming clear that Rossi was the one stealing setup info last year, opposite of what he claimed.;)
Maybe so dude but both Spies and Edwards admit they'd rather have Lorenzo than Rossi as a team mate so I'm guessing they'd know better than us who they're gonna look better next to. :rolleyes:

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

·
12,576 Posts
Maybe so dude but both Spies and Edwards admit they'd rather have Lorenzo than Rossi as a team mate so I'm guessing they'd know better than us who they're gonna look better next to. :rolleyes:
Right now, they look better next to Rossi in the pts.:woot: But I probably just jinxed Lorenzo so look for a spectacular getoff this weekend.:eek:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Rossi is done for 2010! It's Lorenzo title to lose now! Hayden should be able to score some decent results as well!!!!! Go Nicky!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Burgess... Honda trained...

Great try
He got his real start at Suzuki with George Vukmanovich and Randy Mamola in 1980 and stayed there untill going to H*nda in 83

But once again you seem to have the need to say all sorts of untrue shit to support your love affair with anything H*nda

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Great try
He got his real start at Suzuki with George Vukmanovich and Randy Mamola in 1980 and stayed there untill going to H*nda in 83

But once again you seem to have the need to say all sorts of untrue shit to support your love affair with anything H*nda
True Burgess got his start a Suzuki but it is also true he is Honda trained...

I'll never forget blipping the throttle on a RG500 Suzuki at Fuji Race track
Japan 1981...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts