Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
You know I knew Ducati, masters of churning out unlimited limited editions for every rider who has ever ridden for them, with the newly minted Rossi - Ducati partnership, would yield unholy amounts of money and Rossi emblemed crap for the leghumpers to sate themselves on but in all that is holy I never concieved of a situation like this where they would option out a automatic suspension setting button - I didn't think they would plumb to these depths. Wow. Impressive. Marketers everywhere have had the bar rasied, or lowered, depending on your POV. :rolleyes:

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Ducati needs to hit the V4 button if they want to offer the Rossi experience...
V2 are for the old guys blowing on their soup at Applebees...

·
Registered
607 Posts
You guys are a bunch of fools. First off, it's MCN, the National Enquirer of the Moto Press. Second, it's a photoshop of the number 46 on a switch. C'mon get real... Third, Ducati has always done replicas and branding, get used to it. Larry, Ducati is the only company that has done the "V-4 button" other than Aprilia as of late. Save it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are a bunch of fools. First off, it's MCN, the National Enquirer of the Moto Press. Second, it's a photoshop of the number 46 on a switch. C'mon get real... Third, Ducati has always done replicas and branding, get used to it. Larry, Ducati is the only company that has done the "V-4 button" other than Aprilia as of late. Save it.
I thought that was a pretty obvious photoshop, I hope no one was :confused:. I hope my post was read with a little tongue and cheek tone to it, if not oh well. Either way, I think the consensus is the article is ghey, as well as the Rossi Button idea.

Electric suspension is a pretty cool feature, I can't remember any bikes in the recent past that have this feature besides the MTS1200. Anyone know?

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Let's hope when there do a "rep" model, they don't use that ugly yellow on the bike!!! It's not even Ducati Yellow!:wacky

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
With the 800 era ending I could definitely see an 800 Desmosedici RR put out for $125k or so. Get your choice of standard Duc red or a Rossi graphics package with red & yellow.

Even if they just re-issued the original RR again with a few upgrades and made it in Rossi colors they would sell another 1500.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Larry, Ducati is the only company that has done the "V-4 button" other than Aprilia as of late. Save it.
True... but what is the benefit to the world if they don't see fit to fill out the
homologation papers so racers like Pegram and Haga can stay loyal to Ducati???

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Is there anything funnier than an anti-Rossi leghumper. Prepared to hump ANYTHING that is not Rossi?
:)

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Is there anything funnier than an anti-Rossi leghumper. Prepared to hump ANYTHING that is not Rossi?
:)
Absolutely! Having someone think that buying a $20k bike with a button that transforms itself into "Rossi's" bike is cool is way funnier than I could ever imagine. I mean, what is cooler than hitting a button that makes the bike feel like someone else wants it too? The only thing more epic would be riding that bike wearing a set of Rossi replica Dainese leathers and hitting that "Rossi" button. Surely there will be a podium full of hot chicks and magnums of champagne when you return from your ride. After all, it's a "Rossi" button you just hit.;)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Ducati needs to hit the V4 button if they want to offer the Rossi experience...
V2 are for the old guys blowing on their soup at Applebees...
That restaurant must have a fast clientele b/c Ducati's new gen V2 sbk will be formidable ... you'll see .

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
That restaurant must have a fast clientele b/c Ducati's new gen V2 sbk will be formidable ... you'll see .
They are fast alright... just try to beat them to the all-you-can-eat buffet line...

Yes we will see if Ducati's aborted MotoGp V2 will in some new way strike a
competitive cord against the MotoGp 4 cylinders now coming on line for WSBK...
at least the old ponderous V2 work horse currently sports a Rossi button... you
can push it every time you wish you had a short and sassy V4...

Where's my V4 button???

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
The boy is a revenue generating machine.
Couldn't agree more.
When Honda made the Nastro Azzurro CBR600F-Sport back in 2001, dealers could ask full price plus premium and people would pay for it without questioning while identical black/red machines were available at discounted prices. That bike probably had the most ghastly graphics ever and a friend of mine commented "People are so blinded by marketing they are ready to pay a premium to advertise one of the most awful beers in existence for free". :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Absolutely! Having someone think that buying a $20k bike with a button that transforms itself into "Rossi's" bike is cool is way funnier than I could ever imagine. I mean, what is cooler than hitting a button that makes the bike feel like someone else wants it too? The only thing more epic would be riding that bike wearing a set of Rossi replica Dainese leathers and hitting that "Rossi" button. Surely there will be a podium full of hot chicks and magnums of champagne when you return from your ride. After all, it's a "Rossi" button you just hit.;)

Maybe the nerds just want to wal around with his hat instead LOL

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts