Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possible Kawi 1400 ZZR. Can you say warp factor 5.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
SP8 said:
Possible Kawi 1400 ZZR. Can you say warp factor 5.

Lots to like about this bike except the cans.....that is just so dated that I find it hard to believe that in 2006 some major mfr would stick something like this on it. Must not have had any R&D or design money.

·
Registered
706 Posts
roadkill said:
Lots to like about this bike except the cans.....that is just so dated that I find it hard to believe that in 2006 some major mfr would stick something like this on it. Must not have had any R&D or design money.
Function over form. Face it, people interested in those bikes are more interested in practicality than the coolest underseat exhaust. The ergo's aren't too radical, the bike is sport/tourish and the cans will stay out of the way of saddle bags of some kind. You KNOW they are going to sell some for that bike.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Return of the mutant RF900/600 you mean :wtf

·
Registered
983 Posts
Kawasaki's Lawyers have asked all web sights to pull pictures of the ZZR 1400 off their pages. I wonder what gives?

Not exactly a Hyper Bike, but check out the ER6-F

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Rocket51 said:
Kawasaki's Lawyers have asked all web sights to pull pictures of the ZZR 1400 off their pages. I wonder what gives?

Not exactly a Hyper Bike, but check out the ER6-F
guess Kawi have the same lawyers as Yammie, eh? dang photos that keep getting out before their hatch date. Next week is when Yammie are gonna release the pics of the '06 bikes....can't hardly wait. Wonder what they are gonna look like (I erased the pics from my mind as Yamaha requested).

Still don't care for the cans on this bike.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like it's a ZX14. Not a ZZR 1400. Here is a link to some detailed pics. I'll never buy one, but I love to read about the ridiculous power people squeeze out of bikes like this, and the Busa. This is a straight line racers wet dream.

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12253

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also like the fact Kawi made a parallel 650cc twin. If it can be made to race, it should make the lightweight race class more intresting. The SV650S will probably smoke it, but you never know.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
SP8 said:
I also like the fact Kawi made a parallel 650cc twin. If it can be made to race, it should make the lightweight race class more intresting. The SV650S will probably smoke it, but you never know.
Ain't no engineer here so don't smoke me but parallel 600 +/- twins are the reason that Triumph, BSA, Norton, etc. disappeared into history. Parallel twins just don't have much appeal. If they did you would see them in showrooms with name brand badges. Two cylinder, north-south V-twins sell like dope at a Grateful Dead concert....orientation of axis means everything. But for some strange reason lost on me, MV is still trying to make this lost cause work. I think that Yamaha in Europe still sells some weird across the frame twin..why, I have no clue. The MotoCZYZ bike turned the motor north-south and won the MotoGP in 2009. Can't argue with success.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts