Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know none of the usual suspects want to hear this but here is an example of the kind of things that will increase when you reduce the size of government. The suspect in this case has mental issues. He had some negative things happen to him recently and he sought help from State funded mental health facilities. That part of the story was in my local paper but I don't see in my Google search. Anyway, this guy went off the deep end and he didn't want to. Reportedly, he sought help and was refused. Now it is costing this community greatly - 20 stores and $6.5 million damage right before the hollidays. Man, this is going to hurt some people greatly. It sounds to me like this never would have happened if he'd been treated but who knows. Point is when you cut services you shoot yourself in the foot. It's bound to happen. Yeah, right, let's cut everything and proceed to anarchy. Very smart:rolleyes:. Penny wise and pound foolish. Reminds me of deregulation.

Roseville Galleria set ablaze by disturbed man, police say - Roseville/Placer County News - sacbee.com

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.
Lets add up the costs of cutting costs, why don't we?
I'm sure John Boner has done the calculations:rolleyes: .

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Are you saying that the Republicans have already cut services leaving this man to become a criminal?

Typical left...all about crying and feelings. How about posting something that matters?

I doubt it if anyone will willingly cut services to those that need it. Then again cutting welfare or shortening the 99 week unemployment tits...that someplace we can start.
How about foreign aid?
How about cutting the flow of money to Europe, Egypt, Mexico and Haiti and other places.

·
...clink...!
1,725 Posts
It's even worse with this one. Not just a typical lefty, but a typical stoner pothead nutjob.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I'd venture to say the Galleria was a victim of pacifist/progressive judges that refuse to LOCK UP wackos UNTILL THEY KILL SOMEONE. Go to S.F. sometime, in what should be one of the most beautiful cities in the world, transients piss on the sidewalk and harass (beg) passers by. The cops are powerless to do anything, 'cuz they'll be released before they can write the arrest report by a bleeding heart judge. I actually wish one of those judges spouses or kids was assaulted by the same guy they let walk. (But then they'd sue the P.D. for not responding fast enough!) :banghead

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Those transients would be far fewer in number if we didn't have our heads up our asses. Where are the trade schools? Where's the aptitude testing in high school and the channeling of young people into jobs, real jobs, not some etheresque position on Wall Street that deals in schemes that no one understands. Why are we still not teaching kids home economics and interpersonal relations? I've been wondering that ever since I graduated from high school - un-Fing believable that kids graduate without knowing about balances, debt, investing, WATCHING YOUR PHUCKING MONEY!

Where is the system to deal with true nuts who wander around with no clue? Most homeless (before the recession) were homeless because they have mental problems. Either we pay to take care of them or we let them live on the streets. Take your pick.

Judges just reflect the reality of the situation. There are already too many people in jail. They belong there because of what they've done but many would never be there if we actually had a system that cared about crime instead of just punishment after the fact. In fact, practically every thing we do is a reaction. There is a sore, sore lack of proactive thinking here. And it costs us a true fortune. What also costs us is putting people INTO prison. Prisons are universities for crime. If you send a turd to prison you can fully expect him to be even worse when he comes out. Another failing. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The other big one is the breakdown of the family and especially the black family. Of course there will be a lot of criminals coming from fatherless, inner city familys. The average person is extremely challenged to come through that experience without getting into trouble. That's just the way people are. Slums of all persuasions have been that way throughout time but none of them had access to firearms like they do today.

There's no point in complaining about the crime situation unless you're talking solutions too.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
........Hold on, where's my Kleenex?............:eek:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where's your Tampon?:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts