Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO after 7 months of sitting in my garage while im pounding dirt in Afghan.... I got home last night. FIRST THING when i got home was open all the boxes of parts I ordered over the last couple months, then the first thing I did this morning was run down to the garage, look over my Rc's, and roll them to my open garage door. With a flick of the key the dash lights up.... a quick push of the starter and Vroooom. fired right just like they did when I left! 7 months of sitting an never being moved to running! Vrooom vroooom! I love my bikes :D

On a second note.... i bought a front mount kit for my bike. It didnt come with an oil cooler or lines? WHat do I do with the oil cooler? WTF?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome Home !!!!

Sounds like you had a nice welcome home. THANK you for your service and glad you made it home safe !!:notworthy
These things are like therapy with sweet rewards! I looked forward to getting mine everyday while I was in the hospital. And it really gave me a lot to look forward too and I enjoy working on them and adding parts and goodies to them. Then the ridding that speaks for itself!!:rockon I have had several bikes but none has the feel of the RC. Makes the mountains feel like butter!! :D:D
Then the family on this site is a great thing also, THANKS TO ALL!:clapper HOOVY

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Welcome Back!

#1>.. Thank YOU for your service!
#2> Welcome back!
#3) Where did you get the Front mounts... as from what I understand, usually the Oil Cooler relocating stuff/ oil lines and what not,... come with said front mounts!....?

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcom back, Mabry. Two more months for me and I, too, will be home and putting new parts on the RC.

P.s. If you run across any carbon or even fiberglass airboxes, send the seller my way and I'll relieve them of their burdens. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Home and Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks gents,

I thought the kit would come with the damn lines too... but he didnt include them... now he wont answer my emails either! wtf... ill just have to get some fabbed up.

I just ran into a New RC rider at the gas station.. i was in my sis's honda but it was his first bike, an 03 with 3500... from the stealership for 5500. its was CLEAN! so not a bad deal..... damn i cant wait to ride!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Welcome back, brother. I've worked with you guys in AFG and IRQ and I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Marines. From one military member two months from getting out, I thank you for your service to our country. Without the selfless actions and heroics you men perform over there on a daily basis, this world would be very different. Let me know if you ever get out to Utah- I've got an open tab at the O-club with your name on it.

PS: If you think firing them up was great, wait 'till you go for the first ride. The clean air, the cool breeze, the familiar vibration and the blue sky will be even more wonderful than you remember.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts