Speedzilla Forums banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
The Old Man broke Marky AGAIN??? How many times is that now....four times that MM has crashed trying to match Rossi?

Damn.....not too bad for a "has-been", "washed-up", "stick a pin in him" old guy who only managed to win those championships because of special tires, eh?

Oh, the craw...the craw.....! So much fun. :)

Great race, despite the weather.

·
5,671 Posts
OK, who ya got?

My heart has the Lolly charge continuing, but Rossi pulling his magic passing on the last lap, for the crowd favorite win

1. Rossi
2. Lolly
3. Marky

My brain has Lolly continuing to show his dominance this weekend and Marky crashing trying to beat the Yamahas

1. Lolly
2. Rossi
3. Pedrobot

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
OK, who ya got?

My heart has the Lolly charge continuing, but Rossi pulling his magic passing on the last lap, for the crowd favorite win

1. Rossi
2. Lolly
3. Marky

My brain has Lolly continuing to show his dominance this weekend and Marky crashing trying to beat the Yamahas

1. Lolly
2. Rossi
3. Pedrobot

I got:

1: Rossi
2: Marquez
3: Lolly has a meltdown
4: Pedrobot
5: One of the many Ducatis on the grid

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Damage control

Jlo blew it. Rossi blew it, but suffered less for it. No understanding why both ignored their pit boards. I never like when crowds cheer someone crashing. Hodgson a bit of a ponce on his gridwalk re comments about Biaggi just after Biaggi gave him an interview. Love the new look and functionality for the site.

·
5,671 Posts
Rossi will be thrilled with the extra 11 points he gained in the championship, so while he'd have loved to have been on the podium, it was a great day for him.

All the rest is insignificant, really.

·
Registered
90 Posts
^^^^ Ditto ^^^^^ that was a fun race , cheering #46 on 4 the 10th time !>:) This has been a great season so far . One of the best in my mind . Now what with Lollys hand ?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Given prior to the race, I think most everyone would have predicted a Lorenzo win and a loss in the points lead for Rossi, he walked away WAY better than expected. Could it have been a full 25 extra points? Absolutely! But it doesn't really matter.

Like Lorenzo said, he can win the next 5 and it doesn't matter what Rossi does, he will be champ. Trick for Rossi is to win 1-2 of the remaining 5. Sepang and PI are my picks for him to do that.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Luck

Jorge started talking about "luck" not going his way. Predict Valentino is World Champion for the 10th time and then retire on top.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Given prior to the race, I think most everyone would have predicted a Lorenzo win and a loss in the points lead for Rossi, he walked away WAY better than expected. Could it have been a full 25 extra points? Absolutely! But it doesn't really matter.

Like Lorenzo said, he can win the next 5 and it doesn't matter what Rossi does, he will be champ. Trick for Rossi is to win 1-2 of the remaining 5. Sepang and PI are my picks for him to do that.
I predict Marquez will win the next three rounds, with Lorenzo second and Rossi third each time.

23 point lead would then be only 11.

Lorenzo then wins the penultimate round with Marquez second and Rossi third yet again. 9 points gained.

Valencia would therefore have Rossi with a slim 2 point lead over Lorenzo and that basically whichever one finishes ahead on track is world champion.

·
5,671 Posts
I predict Marquez will win the next three rounds, with Lorenzo second and Rossi third each time.

23 point lead would then be only 11.

Lorenzo then wins the penultimate round with Marquez second and Rossi third yet again. 9 points gained.

Valencia would therefore have Rossi with a slim 2 point lead over Lorenzo and that basically whichever one finishes ahead on track is world champion.
You started smoking that stuff again? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
championship in jorges hands if it doesnt rain. rossi needs rain races. rossi totally messed this race up, soon as some puts on slicks ang goes 9 secs faster than you...you need to get on those tires. his crew would let him know soon as that happens and he has to come in, its not a riders decision at that point. he would have battled marquez for the win and he might have cause marquez to crash again. all that said...lets do this 46

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
championship in jorges hands if it doesnt rain. rossi needs rain races. rossi totally messed this race up, soon as some puts on slicks ang goes 9 secs faster than you...you need to get on those tires. his crew would let him know soon as that happens and he has to come in, its not a riders decision at that point. he would have battled marquez for the win and he might have cause marquez to crash again. all that said...lets do this 46

You read my mind. That was very poor planning. He could've had a comfortable lead but now its still a nail biter.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Way to go Dani! Steve Pärrish will be eating those words tonight.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
The Lil Munchkin rode very well yesterday, if he rode like that his while career, he might have a championship!

161 - 180 of 196 Posts