Trailing Member
151 Posts
So, which one is the track whore, Will? Dennis

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
OH DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DIDNT! CONGRATS ON THE RC8 :rockon
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I have been in love with the RC8 since it came out as a prototype years ago and still to this date think its the only bike to have come out since the RC51 that can compare to it. I have been visiting the one at our local KTM/YAMAHA dealership making sure it hasn't sold on me yet and praying I win the lotto in the mean time.

Someday I will have one in my stable, hopefully in this color scheme:

You gotta let us know how it handles and rides in comparison to our beloved VTR1000R's.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh there will be a write up after i get to ride it. weather here is absolute shit lately so i'm not sure. hopefully this weekend.

out of curiosity stunna, what's the asking price south of the border?

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Very cool bike. I bet you don't pass another one on that thing very often...

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
oh there will be a write up after i get to ride it. weather here is absolute shit lately so i'm not sure. hopefully this weekend.

out of curiosity stunna, what's the asking price south of the border?
The black "R" version is selling for just under 21k and the white version next to it is going for just under 16k.

Look forward to hearing all about it!

Stunna

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The black "R" version is selling for just under 21k and the white version next to it is going for just under 16k.

Look forward to hearing all about it!

Stunna

don't even consider a standard rc8. apparently they're pretty garbage. the R got all the fixups.

and 21k USD in the showroom? so what... 23k USD out the door? i got mine out the door for a hair over 21k CAD

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used to think that those things were SOOOOO ugly! Then I saw one in person... It is so beautiful.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after the first ride...

they say you should break in a bike the way it'll be for the rest of its life... i hope this holds true. my bikes tend to see some pretty dismal situations. it's all clean now but just had to show you guys some pics... 50kms in and absolutely filthy! love it!

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I used to not like the way those looked either, but it's grown on me. I would still give up a testie for a Superduke R.

I did the same thing when I bought the RC. Got it home at 10pm in the pouring rain and couldn't sleep without taking it out. The wife thought I was crazy when I came home soaked head to toe at 1am, grinning ear to ear.

it is shitty they offer a 21K bike that has a plastic rear hugger though:confused:
I'm sure that will deter many potential buyers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Now I am confused!!!!

I was going to spend my pennies on a new 1198S Corse Edition, but after seeing the pics of this bike, you have me second guessing myself. Not sure if they sell those around me here in Syracuse, NY.

Great now some more research.

Look AWESOME:rockon :rockon

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
The thing looks like its haulin ass even when its sitting still!

Hands down the best racing motorycle design to come along since the RC51.

I was a little leary about the prototype ever coming to fruition when they had to change the displacement and delaying the release date.
Amazingly it still came out and can't use a few extra CC's & HP when your droppin 23k?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts