Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
I don't own Impact Armor but have had it in my hand and tried it on. It looks very well made is is definately quality stuff while at the same time being less bulky. In my opinion however, I do not believe it to be as good as either the Knox Contour or the Forcefield offerings. There has been signifigant performance testing on both Knox and Forcefield that I have not seen on Impact Armor. I also would not put much stock in paid celebrity testimonials either...
You actually think MotoGP riders would care about a small payment over safety?

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
:D

How does that kit even stay in place?[/QUOTE]
The back protector has a large elastic strap that goes around your body and the chest protector either can Velcro to this strap or be worn unattached (like the MotoGP guys do) it's tight inside proper fitted leathers so it stays in place. An added benift is the relief from brusing (of older guys) from laying your chest on the tank. Mine is a heck of a lot larger than the GP guys...but I'm larger to :) They are custom made. You get a foam sheet and make a pattern, then send it in and they make a custom fitted protector.

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Trust me, the IA is custom fit and covers every area of my back, tailbone,ribs and chest completely. BUT, the chest protector (there's no proof that they also use the back protector) that the MotoGP guys slide into their leathers is very small. Example: Casey Stoner wears his very low, looks like it wouldn't protect his heart area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.