1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't care WHO you are!

I don't care WHAT you do!

I don't care about your Social Status!

I don't care if you're the President of these United States!

I don't care if you're Casey Stoner or Valentino Rossi!

I don't care if you're a National Champion or even KING KENNY!

I don't care if you're a Scientist, Engineer, Hack, or Troy Friggin' Bayliss

I don't care if you get paid to race (yes this includes YOU LDH) !

I don't Care what any of you have to say!

The FACT is THIS:

The KNOX Contour Back Protector combined with Chest Protector with Kidney and Rib coverage IS THE BEST PROTECTION AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.

It JUST DOESN'T MATTER IF ANYBODY Disagrees. That is the FACT. And that is the End of the Debate. It is FINAL!

This kit covers all the major areas. It's CE Level 2. Even covers the Coccyx.

Then when you put on your leathers something strange happens, your suit feels like you're wearing a bullet proof vest. The protection combined with the leather transforms it. It becomes hard as a rock from the outside. The best part is that once you have it on you don't even notice that it's there.

If anybody is on the fence about buying this, get off the fence! You will NOT be disappointed.

The armor is on under the suit

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The only Knox chit I ever bought I never wore. Can't speak to the items you bought though - looks like an improvement. Am glad your happy...and working for Knox.;)

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only Knox chit I ever bought I never wore. Can't speak to the items you bought though - looks like an improvement. Am glad your happy...and working for Knox.;)

lol. I was so happy when I got this thing. At first I was skeptical. I almost bought the Spidi Warrior but I'm very happy with this.

The only thing I can find fault is with putting it on. It's a little flimsy lining everything up but once it's on it's flat out BRILLIANT!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I own a Knox Aegis back protector. Great protection.

Did you always wear both a chest and back protector? Cause the pics show they take up alot of room. Though your suit looks to fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I own a Knox Aegis back protector. Great protection.

Did you always wear both a chest and back protector? Cause the pics show they take up alot of room. Though your suit looks to fit perfectly.

I used a back protector and the Alpinestars foam pad before. The suit was tight and I was about 233lbs.

This protection definitely takes up more room but I now weigh 198lbs after my FALL weight loss so the suit still fits perfectly.

I would say go a size larger on the suit if you get this protection. You don't want a suit that fits 'just right' when you're not wearing any protection because there will be no way that this will squeeze in.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
It is great stuff, you will like it better if you ever need it!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Having had and used both Knox Contour and chest, as modeled by our very own Turbo, and a set of custom made Impact Armor back and chest protectors I have to vote for the Impact Armor.
Really comes down to personal preference for me.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
I don't own Impact Armor but have had it in my hand and tried it on. It looks very well made is is definately quality stuff while at the same time being less bulky. In my opinion however, I do not believe it to be as good as either the Knox Contour or the Forcefield offerings. There has been signifigant performance testing on both Knox and Forcefield that I have not seen on Impact Armor. I also would not put much stock in paid celebrity testimonials either...

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
I don't own Impact Armor but have had it in my hand and tried it on. It looks very well made is is definately quality stuff while at the same time being less bulky. In my opinion however, I do not believe it to be as good as either the Knox Contour or the Forcefield offerings. There has been signifigant performance testing on both Knox and Forcefield that I have not seen on Impact Armor. I also would not put much stock in paid celebrity testimonials either...
You actually think MotoGP riders would care about a small payment over safety?

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
:D

How does that kit even stay in place?[/QUOTE]
The back protector has a large elastic strap that goes around your body and the chest protector either can Velcro to this strap or be worn unattached (like the MotoGP guys do) it's tight inside proper fitted leathers so it stays in place. An added benift is the relief from brusing (of older guys) from laying your chest on the tank. Mine is a heck of a lot larger than the GP guys...but I'm larger to :) They are custom made. You get a foam sheet and make a pattern, then send it in and they make a custom fitted protector.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:D

How does that kit even stay in place?
The back protector has a large elastic strap that goes around your body and the chest protector either can Velcro to this strap or be worn unattached (like the MotoGP guys do) it's tight inside proper fitted leathers so it stays in place. An added benift is the relief from brusing (of older guys) from laying your chest on the tank. Mine is a heck of a lot larger than the GP guys...but I'm larger to :) They are custom made. You get a foam sheet and make a pattern, then send it in and they make a custom fitted protector.

Sounds good but it still seems to me that the Knox protects more bodily regions than the other one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't care WHO you are!

I don't care WHAT you do!

I don't care about your Social Status!

I don't care if you're the President of these United States!

I don't care if you're Casey Stoner or Valentino Rossi!

I don't care if you're a National Champion or even KING KENNY!

I don't care if you're a Scientist, Engineer, Hack, or Troy Friggin' Bayliss

I don't care if you get paid to race (yes this includes YOU LDH) !

I don't Care what any of you have to say!

The FACT is THIS:

The KNOX Contour Back Protector combined with Chest Protector with Kidney and Rib coverage IS THE BEST PROTECTION AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.

It JUST DOESN'T MATTER IF ANYBODY Disagrees. That is the FACT. And that is the End of the Debate. It is FINAL!

This kit covers all the major areas. It's CE Level 2. Even covers the Coccyx.

Then when you put on your leathers something strange happens, your suit feels like you're wearing a bullet proof vest. The protection combined with the leather transforms it. It becomes hard as a rock from the outside. The best part is that once you have it on you don't even notice that it's there.

If anybody is on the fence about buying this, get off the fence! You will NOT be disappointed.

The armor is on under the suit

Eyes in the back of your suit pants and a coccyx protector. Double protection.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Not looking to argue but Impact Armor does not pay the pros who ride in it to use it. And it is not endorsements. Fact is the riders choose it. I have seen them take it on and off on the grid and in the pits (at all levels AMA, WSBK & MotoGP) when they are clearly supported by other competing brands. Very few actually promote the brand or point out the logo. Most try to not make a big deal of it in order preserve their positions with the paying sponsors.

Like I said I have used all of the brands mentioned, and made my personal choice. Knox, Force Field and other are all good and certainly better than nothing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.