1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ss...17194

Wreck victim found dead, but motorcycle missing
BY PEGGY O'HARE
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

A man was killed this morning when his motorcycle crashed into a northwest Houston house, but the motorcycle soon disappeared, police said.

The man's body was found around 6 a.m. today between two houses in the 1800 block of West Gulf Bank near Donley. He had suffered major head trauma, said Houston Police Department Sgt. David Crain.

Homicide investigators and crime scene unit officers were initially called to the scene, but determined the man had been injured in some sort of traffic accident after finding broken bits of the motorcycle nearby and discovering a tire track leading up to the house.

Officers also found a spot where the man's head had hit the house. He was not wearing a helmet, Crain said.

Police determined the man had been driving a motorcycle southbound on Donley Street at a high rate of speed, then crossed over West Gulf Bank and hit the house.

After the impact, someone came along and took the motorcycle, leaving the man's body there, police said. Police were still looking for that motorcycle later today, Crain said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible this could had been a pair of guys who stole bikes. 1st guy crashed and second guy just took it afterwards. Just speculation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I'd do. Leave my Bro and take the bike.
Now That's wrong!!!!!!

Possible.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (MacMan)

A rider in the Oakland area a few years ago had a very bad accident on the 880. A person stopped and stole his wallet. The victim was alive but very badly injured. They never caught the scumbag that stole the wallet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A rider in the Oakland area a few years ago had a very bad accident on the 880. A person stopped and stole his wallet. The victim was alive but very badly injured. They never caught the scumbag that stole the wallet
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's kind of crap will come back and bite him in the ass one day? Either here in this realm or if you are faithful and do believe God will be waiting for him with a special greeting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (sp2pilot)

Along a similar vein, I responded to a "downed motocyclist" and arrived to find the guy pushing his CBR600 into a gas station lot after washing out in some fluid while turning left (didn't help that his tires were bald). While he was doing that, someone stole his helmet that he had taken off and left in the center median w/ his backpack while he pushed the bike out. So, in the end, he was without a helmt and palm skin (no gloves). The guy cetainly needed a swift kick for riding w/ bald tires and no gloves, but a stolen helmet was just insult to injury.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (43Duc748)

and people wonder why "some" people go postal and just start shooting stuff...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (RP Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RP Racing »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Possible this could had been a pair of guys who stole bikes. 1st guy crashed and second guy just took it afterwards. Just speculation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My initial thought was maybe someone ran him off the road on purpose with the intent of stealing his bike. Which would make them a murderer...

In any case, there are some low-life scumbags out there, without a doubt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (AZ Scott)

Who cares, it's not like he needed the bike anymore

(ok, ok I had to say it
)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: That's low (banda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by banda »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Officers also found a spot where the man's head had hit the house. He was not wearing a helmet, Crain said.
Police determined the man had been driving a motorcycle ... at a high rate of speed...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sure that spot was not hard to miss. Unless the house is painted "Noggin Goo Red".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (section8superbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by section8superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who cares, it's not like he needed the bike anymore

(ok, ok I had to say it
)</TD></TR></TABLE>

NICE - yet some how not surprising.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Phil 998)

people these days are just unbelievably insane. that's not the right thing to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts