Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say thanks to Dan Kyle for selling the last rc51 ohlins forks.

Attachments

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
OH NO!!!!!!:eek: This is going to KILL SP2child!

Congrads mang., by the way, IF I may ask, when did you place your Order for them?

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A month ago, I decided I would finally buy a pair. I browsed around on the net made a few calls. Found a pair still sitting on the shelf. Superbike upgrade too whatever that means. lol. Sp2child really does not want a pair that bad. I think these have been on the shelf for some time though. Dan shop all knowing:notworthy ... my local shop says that ohlins will still build them for you. I have doubts but the shop is very connected in the motorcycle world.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
A month ago, I decided I would finally buy a pair. I browsed around on the net made a few calls. Found a pair still sitting on the shelf. Superbike upgrade too whatever that means. lol. Sp2child really does not want a pair that bad. I think these have been on the shelf for some time though. Dan shop all knowing:notworthy ... my local shop says that ohlins will still build them for you. I have doubts but the shop is very connected in the motorcycle world.
SUPERBIKE VALVING ... This rider report with a fresh set from D.K. is as follows... the harder you push the better they get.

Not too hard to describe... if you are picking-up throttle through a turn this set-up let's your front end sit in the sweet spot of the valving V.S. preload and all bumps and feedback are minimal.

I have more than one favorite place I have repeated the same line and ONLY made throttle/gear changes (ON THE STREET) My D.K. revalved and sprung stockers are better for street use and if I treat these same turns with the tippie toe maintanace throttle that I used to apply ... this OHLINS set will wallow...But with confidence and zero loss of confidence...

The contact patch seems to need downward pressure I.E. a smooth and steady pick-up on the cable to return the rail feeling and I do-not know but have a real great feeling what this means on the track the harder you push the better they get:twocents

P.S. an old picture !!!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts