Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...finished first CCS weekend with our SP2 at Autobahn Country Club. The bike is only half way to being fully set up, suspension wise, but was still a blast to let those Satos truly breathe. Thanks for all the advice Robert, and the shock shims too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Thanks for the help Robert... (elkheart)

I think I saw you there, I even made a comment to one of my buddies about another RC running with satos..

I was slow as fawk, but considering the heat and me being sick all weekend, I'm just glad I kept it up!! Are you going to MAM next weekend? Or blackhawk in 3 weeks?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Thanks for the help Robert... (Deton8d)

I'll be going wherever it's not so damnned hot!! I was slow as fak too- .23s were as low as I got. Gotta have surgery to correct an electrical problem with my heart. Got hauled out in AMB. after HW SS. The heat just about killed me literally. Next race will probably be in September/October. Did you run S Twins in race 17? How'd you do? I remember there being 2 or 3 of us with Satoed '51s. Good to see you out there...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well hot damn, (literally)

Before the information is deluted too much from time call me so I can debrief you and we can get a little feedback to tweak your suspension a bit

831-320-2977

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I got 6th in supertwins..

I was really feeling the heat too though, I ran the GTO race on Saturday, and to try and fight the heat I shoved a camelback water backpack under my leathers
But the nuts on my rear exhaust header fell off mid-race though so I pulled in early and only got 16 laps in on that one.. Towards mid race the water was really starting to pay off, everyone was realy starting to slow down.. If only it would've held together for 10 more laps..

That ambulance was getting a workout all weekend.. The heat and a lot of people on a brand new never-run track was a bad combination.. I think 3/4 of the races on Saturday were red flagged.. Heck, my first race on sunday (HWSB i think) got red flagged before I even got off the grid. First wave took off, got to turn 1, red flag.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Thanks for the help Robert... (Deton8d)

Damn, you mean the Camel was for radiant cooling or were you drinkin out of it? Smart thinkin either way. Congrats on the 6th. The STwins race was the only one I really wanted to do- just figured I'd get the travel time bang for the $$$ and run a couple races. I think the CCS safety board had around 19 bikes down on Sat. and 23 down on Sunday. Crazy. HW SS was red flagged as well-nasty in the T1-2-3 transition area. I REALLY liked the S.Course overall though. 40' wide!? Have to wait for cooler temps and that surgery to keep the ticker from blowin a valve, gasket, and rings. Robert, I'll find my settings out in the garage and give you a call. Running Dunlop 208 GP-As, the British rear is a 190/60. Thanks.

See you at the track Greg-good luck if you go to MAM or BHF. Maybe I'll see ya at BHF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts