Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out with a female friend on the Shadow and ran into a problem with the left side shock mount bolt.The shock retaining bolt had came lose and when I tried to tighten it it snapped the head off! We were a long way from any Honda shop, so there was Frazier H.D.
in Ga. No where else to go. So I pulled in and went to service and told them what had happened. They sent out some little punkazz tattooed wannabe Jesse James jr. to tell me they do not and will not work on any other bike but H.D. chit. OK but I'm in a bind here bud how about a set of needle nose to get this broken bolt out. You need to move on no help for you here. Oh man the yelling I found myself doing at this punk. After a few choice words and telling him almost every time you wave @ some azz on a Harley you get snubbed anyway. They could take their junk chit and shove it. and please buck up on me cause I'm in the mood for it. Salvation was found @ a Ace hardware store and the guy that helped me with the right bolt size in chrome no lees was the proud owner of a H.D.
DOOH
after my tell he just shook his head and said the chopper craze has brought the most unworthy people into his world. I told him about the biker boyz movie and the Bussa Squids , He had just a bad taste with crotch rocket people as I did with the chopper thug wannabes.This guy was a true bike and brother of the sport. It is great to find their are still true bikers out there. BTW the bolt twisted right out with needle nose took about 5 min to fix.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry that you ran into an ass like that. I'll never ride one of the damn things but I've met some cool dudes on them and if that ass wipe was really into riding he would have helped you. Any true rider would have...it's an unwritten rule isn't it??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (mcoomer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mcoomer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry that you ran into an ass like that. I'll never ride one of the damn things but I've met some cool dudes on them and if that ass wipe was really into riding he would have helped you. Any true rider would have...it's an unwritten rule isn't it??</TD></TR></TABLE> One would think Bro. I have even helped a guy on a vespa before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Thanks a panyload H.D. **** (cmanf)

I know the place and some people there are jerks and others are not. One of their mechanics tested my battery out for no charge, and on a very busy day. About the time I've decided what one group or another is like, someone comes along and proves me wrong anyway. I've done my share of hating and fighting, sometimes over what people ride and other times over less significant things, to know that it destroys us on the inside. A few things are worth fighting over, but not many things.

This wont do you any good for your past woes, but powersports (honda dealer) is located off hwy 316 about 10 miles from fraziers hd shop. I know cause I live between the two. The next time you are headed up this way, send me an email and I'll join you. Never ridden with another rc before.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shame really, but you do get snubbed from H-D owners more often than not when waving to fellow bikers as they pass.
One good thing though, I was riding my Valkyrie in NJ to visit a friend in the hospital and I had to keep pulling over to read directions as I went, lots of bikes kept honking horns and slowing down to see if I had bike trouble. There are plenty of guys that are willing to help a rider in need, hopefully more than those that will not.
I grew up learning how to swing a wrench on H-D motorcycles, since my father owned three. I believe in giving a hand to a fellow rider, no matter the brand.
Hopefully the number of jerkoffs like the guy you ran into from the dealership are few.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Thanks a panyload H.D. **** (tsquare)

The next time you are headed up this way, send me an email and I'll join you. Never ridden with another rc before. [/QUOTE]
Your on dude.
I run the loop 129 and 80 then 60 and back up to richard rusell.
Oh and sometimes 60 out to morganton and into TN.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I refuse to belive this is attitude is due to the chopper craze. My father bought a hd and became an elitest overnight.

My father will argue until he is dead that Marysville, Ohio is really a place in Japan where they make that jap crap we ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found it trivial to hate a specific brand, company, fast food restaurant chain, people..you name it, over one bad experience. I believe it is an individual thing. Some people just weren't raised to help other people. Now, some of those certain individuals, over time and through tribulations might abondon their path of selfishness, but others will never.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a similiar experience with a HD shop when I owned my F3. I managed to get a flat in the middle of nowhere and the only shop around and open on a Sunday afternoon was a Harley shop. I called them and told them I had a flat and if they had a tire in stock and mechanic to swap the tire. Everything was good and he was ready to send out a tow truck then he asked me what kind of bike I had. I told him Honda 600 F3 and at that point he said he couldn't come out. He said they don't service those bikes, the mechanic was about to leave and they probably didn't have a tire that would fit. I asked if they sold Buells and he said yes, so they probably did have the tire. So instead of helping out a stranded rider on the side of the expressway, he chose to be an ass and let me stay out there. I offered to pay alot more for the inconvenince but he wouldn't even send out a tow. I had to wait 2 hours for a buddy with a truck to get me. Being snubbed by Harley riders when you wave is one thing, but I still am truely mad about that experience on the side of the road.
Sorry, I don't want to hijack your thread, just add to your thread. I realize not all Harley riders are like that, but most I've dealt with are and the funny part is that many of the guys I know with Harleys and this mentality, used to ride F3s, 900RRs, GSXRs....etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (manuelohere)

I'll play devil's advocate on this one...

Even though the repairs on a shock mount bolt and swapping
a tire are elemetary for a competent and well equipped professional
shop, can you imagine the lawsuit they could be hit with for working
on a bike that no one in there is certified on?
What if the dude putting in that bolt didn't torque it down just right
or the tire didn't get balanced right and someone took a spill at
highway speeds. Lawyers would have a field day with a HD shop
that worked on another brand of bike...

Not saying what they did was in any way correct.. Maybe it's an
elitest attitude or just a plain old chitty one... but with the lawsuit
happy place this has become, I can see why the shop might take
that stance..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I hate to say this but the majority of HD "riders" are clueless when it comes to
riding and appear more concerned with their bad as* black attire and image.
I went riding with 2 of my friends one on a BMW the other on a Honda VFR
and a group of 5-7 HD riders decided they were going to monopolize the entire
lane doing a paltry 40MPH on the most unbelievably twisty set of backroads........
over my dead body! Nothing like blowing by them with my RC and Yoshj race cans
............. hell they probably are still driving on that same road back with their
bogus helmets and bs outfits. Nothing like looking cool to crash and have re-constructive surgery. Anyways, I'm babbling but wanted to say I would help
anybody who needed help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Thanks a panyload H.D. **** (v-2 superbike)

They were only doing 40 MPH because that is as fast as the bike will go!!

I like all the pickups around with the Harley stickers in the back window. I guess it's a reminder of where to put it when they have to take it to the shop....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (roddy45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roddy45 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll play devil's advocate on this one...

that stance..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's absolutely correct except for the fact that IF they went to the motorcycle moron's institute like i did, (which most competent harley shops would only hire MMI grads..) they've all had the training for all brands of bikes... they can only go to the harley specific classes after 6 weeks of theory and 8, 3 week clinics... it's they're snobbishness just like when we flame people who wanna "whelle".... i will usually turn harley riders away from most repairs at my shop because i have no formal training on harley's ancient technology.... (but i make incredible exceptions for stranded riders if i can help them) but like most harley riders, owners and harley wannabe's, i am biased, if it be for the finer things in motorcycling, like proper corner set up, entrance speed, looking through the corner and appreciating a very very well built machine.. most harley junkies only want the image and the badge that goes with a $20k price tag for a overweight, underpowered, underbraked, and generally under engineered pile of steel... (sorry for my rant but it's all the same, everywhere you go)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Just chalk it up to the guy being a jerk there everywhere not just on hogs but sport bikes, tourers, etc... but there are plenty of good bikers out there on all kind of bikes. I pulled over yesterday on my RC to rest my a** because of the great seat honda gives us and several bikers slowed down to see if I needed help just about everyone was on a harley.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Thanks a panyload H.D. **** (v-2 superbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-2 superbike »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate to say this but the majority of HD "riders" are clueless when it comes to
riding and appear more concerned with their bad as* black attire and image.
I went riding with 2 of my friends one on a BMW the other on a Honda VFR
and a group of 5-7 HD riders decided they were going to monopolize the entire
lane doing a paltry 40MPH on the most unbelievably twisty set of backroads........
over my dead body! Nothing like blowing by them with my RC and Yoshj race cans
............. hell they probably are still driving on that same road back with their
bogus helmets and bs outfits. Nothing like looking cool to crash and have re-constructive surgery. Anyways, I'm babbling but wanted to say I would help
anybody who needed help. </TD></TR></TABLE>

V2,

We need to go for a ride sometime, so you can show me these unbelievable twisty backroads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (JonnyRocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JonnyRocket »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's absolutely correct except for the fact that IF they went to the motorcycle moron's institute like i did, (which most competent harley shops would only hire MMI grads..) they've all had the training for all brands of bikes... they can only go to the harley specific classes after 6 weeks of theory and 8, 3 week clinics... it's they're snobbishness just like when we flame people who wanna "whelle".... i will usually turn harley riders away from most repairs at my shop because i have no formal training on harley's ancient technology.... (but i make incredible exceptions for stranded riders if i can help them) but like most harley riders, owners and harley wannabe's, i am biased, if it be for the finer things in motorcycling, like proper corner set up, entrance speed, looking through the corner and appreciating a very very well built machine.. most harley junkies only want the image and the badge that goes with a $20k price tag for a overweight, underpowered, underbraked, and generally under engineered pile of steel... (sorry for my rant but it's all the same, everywhere you go)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have to disagree on the "whelle" attitude. What I get upset about is the people who go crash their GSXRs while doing stunts in unsafe places. Cops see some idiot doing a stand up "whelle" down a highway during a motorcycle run and eventually they assume every person on a sportbike as an unsafe hooligan. Of course I think cops in general lump HD with the Metric cruisers. The ones they don't see wheeling down crowded streets. If GSXRs weren't the weapon of choice for these dullards they wouldn't be so hard to insure and the non wheeling crown wouldn't be lumped into the hooligan group. Now what really makes my blood boil is that in 2 dealerships I have been in recently they were playing those stupid stunt videos.

I swear the kids who buy these bikes must think that stoppies and wheelies are they only things to do with their bikes, doubt they have ever thought about a track.

I won't even get started about the idiot I saw on a GSXR doing stoppies and burnouts in the coffee shop parking lot the other day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (cdrchode)

You know, I just have to say, firstly, I have had great experiences with both HD riders and "Squids". The first was a "Hell's Angels" guy that pulled along side of me on a major street, took a look at me on my Ninja 6R and then commented on how he liked the way I "fixed"(with a safety pin) my sunglasses (ok, a long time ago, I was young and there was no helmet law...). He motored off, saying how he liked my bike too.
The second time was a squid about 3-4 months ago. I was on my way home from work and figuered (wrong) that I could get to the gas station by my house and fill' er up. Well, I was wrong. She ran dry on me in the only 2.5 mile stretch of road between work and home that has nothing. I pulled over safe and sound and proceeded to bitch out my little piggy (I had previously done the same thing and it did'nt run dry). Anyhow, this "kid" pulls up behind me on a newer CBR1K before I can even get me gloves off and asks if everything is ok. To make a short story shorter, I give him a few bucks and he disappears into the sunset, 15 minutes later I am calling HRCA for roadside assistance (I've been screwed), and wouldn't you know it, while I am on hold, he show's up with some "good" gas ((super) in and empty water bottle) and says you should be able to make it to a station now. Now, I don't want to say there aren't any riders out there that won't give an arm and leg to help a fellow rider out there.....but I would...and so would the guys I've run into.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (roddy45)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roddy45 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll play devil's advocate on this one...

that stance..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

My local Honda dealer writes 10-15 inspections a month for the hd crowd.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (nickcliborne)

Its old but still gets the point across.

Modified by mulisha00 at 8:12 AM 7/12/2005

Modified by mulisha00 at 5:01 PM 7/12/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (Hams51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hams51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I found it trivial to hate a specific brand, company, fast food restaurant chain, people..you name it,</TD></TR></TABLE>I found it much easier to just hate everyone and everything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts