Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone else frequents "Club Desmo" for information, but it's turned into an absolute "charlie foxtrot"
. Constant arguing, disputes, cut-downs, and very little talk about Ducati's. Makes me really appreciate this site. The topics on this board are quite the opposite of Desmo's- and all of them have (or at least end with
) a positive tone (i.e- Nickg for example).

This board is well organized, has close support from vendors like Section 8, and benefits from the presence of several folks with a wealth of knowledge in a wide spectrum of areas (Jeff Koch on track info, Alex Ortner on customizations, Shazaam on anything technical, and dozens more). It requires little moderation, because the forum "polices" itself! It's not as though Speedzilla doesn't have the same type of disputes as Club Desmo, because it most certainly does. The difference is- how the members go about handling them. No topics here ever get out of hand, and good resolutions come from every dispute- that's a difficult thing to accomplish with so many types of people posting here, each with their own unique opinions!

Instead of belittling new guys for asking the same old, repetitive questions, they're welcomed here from people who are anxious to help. The reason for this is: people are more concerned with the love of Ducati's than they are the love of their ego's.

Bottom line is, whatever this site is doing...the formula works.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (Holiday)

I second that. Sometimes I feel like the world is full of "Alpha Hotels", but this board always seems to be a great place to get support, vent appropriately or share a good story. Keep up the good work everyone!

Regards,

Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (Jeff H.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jeff H. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I second that. Sometimes I feel like the world is full of "Alpha Hotels", but this board always seems to be a great place to get support, vent appropriately or share a good story. Keep up the good work everyone!

Regards,

Jeff</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree 100%, Dave does the housework very well

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here Here. A fantastic source of info and entertainment.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (ducman491)

yeppers that a big thing over there ,,, i only drop in to read then split ,,,
but by far this site is the SHIZZEL !!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They finally banned Surf_Dude / Bruce over there. That guy was what caused that site to go down the crap hole. What a flaming idiot!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I agree 100%, mr.surf just typed so much sh#[email protected]#$t , was such a waste of time that whole scene of online bickering. imagine if they used that [email protected]#$ting time to track ride, they'd be blazingly fast!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I too agree with Holiday.

Just don't ask about engine oil, though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey Holiday....we should cahnge your post heading to "Thank Dave for Speedzilla"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (Monstaman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Monstaman »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Holiday....we should cahnge your post heading to "Thank Dave for Speedzilla"</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

This place rocks!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DocThee »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This place rocks!!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Club Desmo used to be a good site like 5 years ago, but it's definitely deteriorated. Days sometimes go by when no one posts anything, partly because Bruce will just flame them anyway.
I rarely bother anymore, though it's local for me and I know many of the people so I still post occasionally - met Bruce once too, he seemed like a decent guy in person, but he needs to learn how to behave typing on his computer.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (JeffKoch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffKoch »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Club Desmo used to be a good site like 5 years ago, but it's definitely deteriorated. Days sometimes go by when no one posts anything, partly because Bruce will just flame them anyway.
I rarely bother anymore, though it's local for me and I know many of the people so I still post occasionally - met Bruce once too, he seemed like a decent guy in person, but he needs to learn how to behave typing on his computer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think Bruce's fingers are evil and take over when he's typing.

My wife has known Bruce for over 30 years. He's basically a good guy who will give you the shirt off his back. But he definitely has some points that it helps to overlook.

Part of the thing was the A-holes who just couldn't let stuff lie - had to keep badgering Bruce even though we all knew that Bruce doesn't change his opinion. He's definitely not a victim. But he's only part of the problem.

Bruce isn't the only person like Bruce in this world - onscreen or in person. In the real world, you let things roll off your back or decide that it's not worth arguing. I guess online, people can't do the same; got to argue every point all the time.

I get tired of it.

But yeah, this site and Ducati.MS are the two that are worth going to. and...what do youknow...they both have admins/moderators that keep things from getting stupid. At Club Desmo, the admins/moderators seem to keep fanning the "flames of Bruce".

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (JeffKoch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffKoch »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I rarely bother anymore, though it's local for me and I know many of the people so I still post occasionally - met Bruce once too, he seemed like a decent guy in person, but he needs to learn how to behave typing on his computer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

C'mon... Jeff.

Well... What everyone seems to miss is that it's a local-type site that's never really found any real stride except for the entertainment Bruce provides. Some guy from Florida posting about a group of folks from NorCal and how he 'don't like so and so...' Who f*cking cares? We all ride together.

Never learned anything regarding Ducati's on the site, and tuned in just for the flames and the racing history. Mikey, Hubert, etc, all did the same... and they're great guys. No worries, No biggy... Perhaps you should just enjoy it for what it was?

And it was EVERYTHING...

1. TrackClub website.. Doubtful Lance or Chris would ever combine a forum with their business... Nor would they threaten to sh*t on someone's lawn!

2. Local message board... Folks that know each other would bust chops for fun.

3. National discussion forum.. Local folks who know each other <U>busting chops </U>rarely translates well to a world-wide discussion forum.

4. ClubDesmo chat room... Since Club Desmo is all but dead, this didn't work too well. 7 people meeting for dinner is more like it... Then logging in to bust chops.. Read above: Does not translate well.

5. SoCal Ducati Owners Club Forum... Local guys don't like other local guys coming to their site to bust chops. Try segmenting the forum like Dave has. Townies never like other Townies.

6. DuctiOwners.com annex site... Ulterior motives never translate well to on-line communities.

Blaming Bruce for 'everything wrong' about the CD site is the only thing that's "old"... and really... The only people that would post anything of value already did it over here, and had an answer in about 4 seconds.

Bruce would be a welcomed addition to the spice that already exists here on Speedzilla... maybe SP2Pilot, LDH and Ballz can give him the necessary 'attention' a guy with his wit deserves.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (900CR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 900CR »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Never learned anything regarding Ducati's on the site, and tuned in just for the flames and the racing history. Mikey, Hubert, etc, all did the same. No biggy... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I gave Bruce all the credit I could at the start but even if you agreed with him, he'd still find a way to disagree; that's not wit in my book, that's insistant antagonization.

Bruce had a hornet in his pants save for you, Mark B and a few choosen others.
People gave Bruce his fair share of shit because he shoveled his fair share on a lot of people he had no right to.

I spoke my peace and left.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (hubert)

rob,

maybe you're right...maybe we "outsiders" just didn't get it. it was treated as a local club by you guys and probably should have had a sign that said locals only. however, it didn't and instead, promotes an az organization and has an open registration. that's confusing for the rest of us that weren't invited to "special dinners".

no hard feelings on my part regardless.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Thank God for Speedzilla (chiromikey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chiromikey »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rob,

maybe you're right...maybe we "outsiders" just didn't get it. it was treated as a local club by you guys and probably should have had a sign that said locals only. however, it didn't and instead, promotes an az organization and has an open registration. that's confusing for the rest of us that weren't invited to "special dinners".

no hard feelings on my part regardless.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly... CD's poor design and lack of up-keep really prevented it from having the multi-facets required to maintain a real WWW feeling for everyone. involved. Just think, if Bruce had a Racing History Section, he'd have been so busy that he'd probably never eat again! And a few folks wouldn't have been hurt the way they seem to be. (present company excluded, of course)

Dave has done a *fantastic* job of building a community where one can explore different regions, interests and moto-cultures without ever feeling as though you're an 'outsider'. You'll still need to "make yer bones" with certain groups, but that's half the fun of community sites!

Hell, we even have a few healthy rivalrys... see the RC-51's vs. the Ducatistis!
Trust me, there's no hard feelings anywhere!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I agree. I use to visit here in the late 90s and early 2000s when I had a 748/996. I think the old address was ducatinfopop.com. I'm glad it's still around and still going strong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts