Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did the pics that I posted originally appear in the thread and then later on dissappear and be replaced by the litle red "x" in a box? Is it something that I did wrong/didn't do right? It's happened a couple of times. Just wondering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Technical Question: Why do posted pics disappear from a thread. (Highsider)

Sometimes the people hosting the image on their server change or delete things... so when a Speedzilla user clicks on your thread that is referencing that image in your thread, the little red box shows up because that image is no longer there on the server.

Also, depending on how the programming/server is set-up, sometimes images can only be referenced when used in THEIR website... or in the creators/owners of the site. So when you go in, copy the location of their image, paste it into a thread at Speedzilla, the other server notices that somebody outside its own domain is referencing the file... basically sucking up unintended bandwidth. Then you get a red box, or a default image that says something like "Sorry. You can not view this image outside of our website, etc, etc..."

Any of that make sense?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Technical Question: Why do posted pics disappear from a thread. (Highsider)

From what I understand, the little red X thing only happens to pictures posted by bad people; you know, inconsiderate people who talk too loud, or who are cruel to animals, or who just masturbate too much. If this is happening to the photos in your posts, I think you better take some time to think about how you've been living your life. And you should quit touching yourself.

Modified by banda at 2:24 PM 2/17/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Technical Question: Why do posted pics disappear from a thread. (banda)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Technical Question: Why do posted pics disappear from a thread. (Rickster)

It's Dave's fault! This was spotted behind the Speedzilla warehouse...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Technical Question: Why do posted pics disappear from a thread. (AZ Scott)

HAA !! you guys kill me !!!

now i have to go shave my palm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Technical Question: Why do posted pics disappear from a thread. (AZ Scott)

That awsome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.