Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a techlusion FI tuning box. It's for an 04 r6. I have a slip-on, k&n, and just ordered a set of velocity stacks.
There is alot of hesitation between 4-5000 rpm, and I guess it's caused by a really lean setup. I know 600s' are peaky, but this is a definate flat-spot in the power curve.
I need to get this thing re-mapped, so what's the best bang for the buck?
I'd rather not get a pc3, just because of the price. The techlusion box seems like a decent unit, and I found one selling very cheap. I have heard that a dealer can also remap the stock ecu, but how effective is that at tuning for the mods I have done. Plus, I'd like to be able to tune future upgrades like a full system.

Any input would be appreciated. My knowlege of FI is very limited.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Techlusion, PC3, remap (Metcalfe)

In all honesty. The PC3USB is the best option. It has way more options. Quick shifter, ignition timing control module, and tuning link to a Dynojet 250 load control dyno. The tuning link is the best part. It' will get your map pretty much spot on at various loads. The ignition add on is not out yet, but you will be able to adjust timimg for each cylinder seperatley. It will also allow you to raise the rev limit. I won't be surprised if we will be able to plug a WideBand Power Commander into it oneday. Maybe auto maping using tuning link software, and the WBPC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Techlusion, PC3, remap (SP8)

That Wideband Commander is pretty cool. Too bad they're so expensive.

I have heard from a few guys that the techlusion box is a piece of junk, so I'm not going to bother with it. I'll contact a few shops and see if they can remap my stock ecu well enough. If not, then I'll bite the bullet and get the PC3 usb. I'm sure it's worth the money, but there are a few other things I wanted to buy before the pc3.

Just out of curiosity, any idea if they're coming out with a PC4 any time soon.

Thanks for the info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Metcalfe »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just out of curiosity, any idea if they're coming out with a PC4 any time soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I haven't heard of anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have tried a Techlusion box on my Sprint ST. First, it cause the MIL light to stay on all the time. Second, it's not really that tuneable. Sure it's easy, with the analog rheostat(sic?) pots as your adjusters. But, it can only richen the mix, it cannot lean. Which, I am told, may be preferable in some cercumstances.

Buck up for the PC. There's alot more knowledge out there for it, and it is a true tuning device.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I sent you a couple of IM I have one for your bike. I was going to race an R6 this year but I am going to stick with my R1 for one more year. I will let it go for 250.00. e-mail me at [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Techlusion, PC3, remap (sean edgett)

I sent a response.

Thanks anyway man. I just ordered one a couple hours ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts