Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it isn't Ducati related, but couldnt help but post this. It happened in my city last night. Here is the text from the local newspaper:

8/26/05 Fresno Bee

Man crashes motorcycle, dies in construction zone

A young man died Thursday night when he was hit by a pickup after he crashed his motorcycle in an unmarked construction zone west of Fresno, authorities said.

The victim, who was in his late 20s, died at the scene, Fresno County sheriff's Lt. Fernando Lopez said.

Shortly after 9 p.m., the man was riding on Cornelia Avenue, south of Shields Avenue. He came to a patch of road that is undergoing construction and was thrown from his Harley-Davidson motorcycle as it rode over uneven pavement, Lopez said. The area was not marked with signs to warn motorists of the road conditions.

Witnesses came to help the injured man and sat him down next to his motorcycle on the roadside, Lopez said.

The man then used a cell phone to call a friend and was hit by a GMC pickup driven by a 30-year-old man, who lost control in the same construction area.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Talk about BAD luck (CaliDuc)

talk about your number being up ...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fresno DOT (or whoever is responsibe for warning signs) needs to get thier a$$ sued for that. I'm not one for lawsuits but I really think this shi=ould be taken to court.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (drnknmnky13)

WOW! Talk about $hit luck! I can smell a seriouse law suit on this one!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Talk about BAD luck (mh900e0974)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mh900e0974 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">talk about your number being up ... </TD></TR></TABLE>
I think it was DEFINITELY his time to go.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drnknmnky13 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fresno DOT (or whoever is responsibe for warning signs) needs to get thier a$$ sued for that. I'm not one for lawsuits but I really think this should be taken to court.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree. I think they should get their asses sued off for this. I am not sure if it is city or county, regardless the proper signage should have been posted. I would imagine there will be a lawsuit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Talk about BAD luck (CaliDuc)

Not a lowsuit, but def the person(s) respons to lose there job....not really for the state to lose cash because of some idiots.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Talk about BAD luck (BlackHawk)

What was the name of that movie, Final Destination, or something like that.
Talk about being snake bit. Poor Bastard, freakin sucks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts