Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my pestana undertail installed finally, but I have no clue as to how to wire the tailight. It is an LED unit with integrated turn siginals. This thing came with zero instructions, so who knows. Basically there is a red wire, a black wire, a blue wire and two white wires. I am afraid to use the trial and error method because I dont know if I need some sort of resistors or whatever. Any help would be apreciated.

thanks
kevin

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is it the one with the turn signals in the light( couple amber led's in the shape of a arrow) or are they using the actual taillight(the red) as the directional?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok.. well here is the instructions that came on the hotbodies i got with the integrated lights, i know its not the same tail but its the same setup from what you say, maybe you can take something from this................................................."WIRING INSTRUCTIONS.........connect the right(blue wire) and the left signal (orange wire) wires on the bike, to the respective right/left orange wires on the undertail. Connect the ground wires (green) to the BLACK wires on the undertail.Connect the brake wires (green w/ yellow tracer) to the RED wires on the undertail and connect the running light wires (brown) to the blue wires your done".................................... sorry i cant help anymore than this, im sure someone on here has the pestana installed.later

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. So I guess I can just hook the wires up direct without any kind of resistors and such?

·
Registered
595 Posts
The question about the resistors depends on what you have for front directionals. The idea is that you need to have enough of a load front and rear combined to have the normal flash rate. If you have LED's in the front, you'll probably need to do something. I have flushmount directionals front and rear, but because they are not LED's, there is enough of a load where they flash normal without doing anything special.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. I have flush mounts, but they are bulbs. I just wanted to make sure I wouldnt blow out any of the led's by hooking it up directly.

thanks for the info.

kevin

·
Registered
595 Posts
You shouldn't blow out any LED's. The only issue is how much of a load is on the circuit so your directionals will blink at the normal rate. The LED's hardly place a load on the circuit, so your bike will 'think' there is nothing there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got everything hooked up the other day. It looks great, but the blinkers do flash at an accelerated rate. This may be somewhat squidish, but I ordered a 'trick flasher relay' from custom dynamics. It replaces the factory flasher relay and has 'custom' blinking patterns. Fortunately it includes a factory pattern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts