Red/White - Mono.
$225 shipped

The third one from all red.

The all red 'like new is sold.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might sell the other tail with the number plate. I'm not sure right now though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What a DRAG....:banghead I'd wish i had known HOW desireable the MONO tail really IS.When i bought my '00 996Bip new there WAS a new MONO still in a crate but i accepted the Bip.Different sub-frames.Different ECU placement.

Is there ANY way to mount a MONO on a Bip?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a DRAG....:banghead I'd wish i had known HOW desireable the MONO tail really IS.When i bought my '00 996Bip new there WAS a new MONO still in a crate but i accepted the Bip.Different sub-frames.Different ECU placement.

Yes. Either you can buy a mount for like $25 or modify the one you have now, which I wouldn't advise, because it's easier to just have the mount installed on the tail for quick bi-mono swap.

If I can remember or if this is the right pic, here's what I did.
I can check again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just an FYI... That underside pic is from a Biposto... The Bracket that the taillight attaches to is a bit different on a Monoposto ( it does not have the split level bend)..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an FYI... That underside pic is from a Biposto... The Bracket that the taillight attaches to is a bit different on a Monoposto ( it does not have the split level bend)..
Yep. Exactly what I said and it's not part of the tail that I'm selling.
I was just showing that the biposto one can be used for monoposto. Just gotta look and think. It can be used. Very easy. I did it.

·
Registered
409 Posts

It's a pice of cake!!! Takes all of 20 minutes. You will need a aluminum mono subframe. Is not that hard to come by. It accepts the 16M ecu. A mono tail is even easier to come by! In either CF or OEM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a pice of cake!!! Takes all of 20 minutes. You will need a aluminum mono subframe. Is not that hard to come by. It accepts the 16M ecu. A mono tail is even easier to come by! In either CF or OEM.
You don't need a mono subframe to mount a mono tail on a biposto.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts