Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready for fitting a SP2 swingarm on my SP1.
Ive browsed through a couple threads, but havent found a clear answer to the dimensions that I can take to my machinist.

Ive got an pdf that has
a single piece 175mm
a two piece 88 = 176mm
and a post with above two piece, but with the swingarm spacer machined down 3mm = 173mm

I know its not much difference, but wouldnt it compromise the sprockets lining up correctly?

·
750 Posts
For an easy fitment, you're best to have your machinist make the following:

2 sleeves, 87.5mm long
Outside diameter of the sleeves is 24.9mm
Internal diameter of the sleeves is 20mm.
To achieve a perfect 20mm id, get your machinist to use a 20mm machine reamer.
This is how i make mine.
http://www.hrcspw.zoomshare.com/album/Swingarm%20Conversion%20Sleeves./images/0f0d67f421e00e5772fda86cfa6567b5_12133293750/:album?css=//s7.addthis.com/static/r07/widget74.css&css=/lib/style/trebuchet.css&css=/lib/style/type_album.css&css=files/custom.css

Cheers.

·
750 Posts
Have a look at this PDF file.
I've highlighted the parts you require to finalise your swingarm conversion.
You'll notice that the castle nuts, No.18 on the page are not highlighted. This is because they are the same for all years on the SP/RC.
So you can use the existing ones from your SP-1.
I hope this helps.
Cheers.

Attachments

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot, already have a deal on hold for those parts.
Though think you might misunderstood, I ment that collar, flange might be the correct word, that some has machined on the sleeves. I see durbahn has on one side, and in my pdf its a two piece with it on both.

·
750 Posts
Thanks a lot, already have a deal on hold for those parts.
Though think you might misunderstood, I ment that collar, flange might be the correct word, that some has machined on the sleeves. I see durbahn has on one side, and in my pdf its a two piece with it on both.
There's no need for the flange like on Thorsten's.
I believe he made them that way in the day purely to replicate the steel one that was in the motor on the SP-2's.
If you were to have the flange on the sleeve, it would be a lot more difficult to fit it into the motor if the motor was still in the frame.
By machining the two sleeves, you simply push them into the motor through the frame and re-assemble everything accordingly.

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Little update, finally had the sleeve made, and actually got the swingarm fitted to the bike. Went really well with the help of some grease, hammer and wooden stick :)

Went with a 3mm flange and 170mm tube (173 overall) and 20ID and 25OD, and fit was really, really snug.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Little update, finally had the sleeve made, and actually got the swingarm fitted to the bike. Went really well with the help of some grease, hammer and wooden stick :)

Went with a 3mm flange and 170mm tube (173 overall) and 20ID and 25OD, and fit was really, really snug.
Nice work and good weight saving !!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.