Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend crashed his bike and i have a change to get it for a good price. I would like to build an English retro looking caferacer but im not sure if the frame is f#%ked up from the impact. Ill check it this weekend. How can you tel if the frame is ok?
here is a couple pics. I have to check if the strerling is egg shaped but what else? I cant ride the bike...

and hints, tips????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the bike took the shot right at the critical steering head that it looks, I would venture to guess that it now has a slightly shorter wheelbase if you catch what I mean. But, if you are just planning a hooligan bike for fun and not for racing it may be okay for that purpose.
Find someone elses's SV and take a couple of critical measurements, then compare them to that bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (roadkill)

You could string it from quite a few places and see if there are any differences side to side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd stay away from that one, unless it was strupid cheap. In which case I would send it to GMD.
There's enough damage up front to indicate a bent frame.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">$500?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll give ya $505.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen way worse, its not that bad, but I'd have it checked... frame, triples, front wheel and rotor... the forks are obviously bent, but fork tubes are relatively cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Hi-Side)

buy the bike. then upgrade to a gsxr front end and rear shock. start using your noggin

if you don't want it i will take it off your hands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (oneducs)

Exactly, gsxr frontend time........if the frame is straight, but yeah like others said, if you don't take it to a shop, take some measurements and compare to another svs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (backlash)

im going to check it Saturday i just want to make sure doesnt have cracks and the strering is not egg shaped.. I think for another $500 i can get GSXR/TLR/TLS forks,tank,streetfighter light and radiator.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Hi-Side)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hi-Side »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen way worse, its not that bad, but I'd have it checked... frame, triples, front wheel and rotor... the forks are obviously bent, but fork tubes are relatively cheap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont really care about the forks and triples liek the other guys said i can upgrade to a GSXR600 forkset.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: SV damage (Giannis)

Gee, I can't imagine what it must be like to end up with an SV somebody else has wrecked....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (oneducs)

The hell with the frame and forks that headlights are phucked! Even if everything else checks out how the hell you going to see where you are going?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (casjoker)

Cas, Dude, if he had a FLAT tire, then he couldn't even go out ANYwhere!?! So, let's be thankful the front isn't flat, man. (Does anyone have caramel popcorn?)
Now, let's see that back tire, 'cause if it's flat, doooooooooooooooooood!

I'd say, use it as a boat anchor on your...boat. (dude)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (casjoker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by casjoker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The hell with the frame and forks that headlights are phucked! Even if everything else checks out how the hell you going to see where you are going?</TD></TR></TABLE>

On the track, it is quite easy, just follow the guys passing you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nothing a hammer and some duct tape can't fix.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey!! That's my line.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts