Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Let's hope it's competitive, more factories are better for MotoGP. I like the idea of them linking it with the GSXR and maybe offering CRT teams support as well. They can build fast motorcycles, their previous GP bike just wasn't their best.

·
Registered
750 Posts
They will call it GSXR, or GSXRR, for sure....and the new GSXR Range will be very close to this bike.

A clever move....they stopped MotoGP and told "GSXR developpement if freezed"...only to come back stronger, both on Motogp and Street market.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Makes perfect sense and imo what CRT is all about - manufacturers coming back to the grid with a more directly tied to production line products prototype.

No doubt the next gen GSXR will be something... no doubt I am interested. :D

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Suzuki is working its way back... backwards from a real V4 to a virtual V4 in the name
of cost... I say BMW is next to copy Yamaha's MotoGp crank idea...

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
I agree,

I like the route they are taking here...
Makese perfect sense and imo what CRT is all about - manufacturers coming back to the grid with a more directly tied to production line products prototype.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Makese perfect sense and imo what CRT is all about - manufacturers coming back to the grid with a more directly tied to production line products prototype.

It also helps them that the rules are essentially frozen for another two years so they don't have to shoot at a moving target and waste good $$ after bad developing something aimed at rules that will change before they hit the track.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
It also helps them that the rules are essentially frozen for another two years so they don't have to shoot at a moving target and waste good $$ after bad developing something aimed at rules that will change before they hit the track.
Yes, I always laugh when they say they are trying to save money then keep changing the platform and requirements.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Yes, I always laugh when they say they are trying to save money then keep changing the platform and requirements.
That was part of the deal when they went to 1000cc's, freeze the rules so you can amortize the cost of changing displacements better. The more they try to save money, the worse they are at it.:rolleyes:

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Very cool. It only makes sense, when their GSX-R based I4 WSBK was providing times that were close to their prototype V4, while being heavier and street based.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Will be good to see Suzuki back and hopefully be competitive. I would also like to see factory BMW get into MotoGP and Aprilia give it another go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just wanna see this translate into a better, more advanced street 1K with a few rider-aid features, a butt-load of power across the range, more compact sizing and an abrupt departure from Zook's typical styling. About time really.
Not asking too much, am I????

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Can we just start the rumor now

Hopkins to ride Suzuki MotoGP bike in 2014 as soon as he recovers from an injury he will no doubt suffer in late 2013.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.