Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am as happy with my RC51 as I could be. The only changes I want to make is getting it set up a little better. As I have stated before I am too light for even the stock setting At full soft. I have no intentions of tracking but do ride in the mountains at an aggressive pace. I am 5'8" and 140lbs. I am looking at Penske double or triple clickers, a Kyle link and having my forks reworked.
Will the link help or hinder? I here it raises the rear ride, which I had trouble getting the sag right. I could only get about 3/4 what I needed, plus it is on the upper end of being comfortable height wise. So my question is double or triple and will the link be worth it and who does the best fork work in the east? :confused: THANKS HOOVY

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just box them up and send them to Kent at GMD Computrack in Atlanta, GA. He has set my whole bike up and it rocks!!! Give him a buzz and tell Steve G. in Knoxville sent ya to him. GMD # 706-253-1148

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
If you're planning to change the shock, make sure you get a spring matched to your weight. Keep in mind that the stock spring is designed to be capable of carrying a passenger. If you never or rarely do this then you can go with a much lighter spring rate. It'll make all the difference in the world. Make the call on the link after you're changed the shock/spring.

Lindemann Engineering is a good source for all sorts of performance shocks.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
The Kyle Link doesn't work with the Penske Shock... It doesn't harm anything, but it just doesn't deliver the same results that it does with the Ohlins. I have no idea why & for 10 years not one person has ever been able to explain it to me either...

I've tested that Penske/Link set-up on multiple RC51's and only one of them did I feel was an appreciable experience and that guy had done some sort of special digressive piston set-up inside the Penske shock that I never got to actually see... Even then the link still didn't work as well as it does when paired with the Ohlins...

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
had a penske and moriwaki link since 2001 with no issues and it certainly helps the 51 IMO:rockon

You fvckin poser, you wouldn't know a good handling sportbike from a Big Wheel. Go try to sell some more Fake Brembo calipers or some Pink Dragon, made in China craptastic exhausts and let the big boys talk...

PS I know you're pretty dense and all or to put it in terms you can understand "fvckin stupid", but you do realize that this site right here Speedzilla.com is hosting one of the most viewed threads and it is all about how much of a pathetic, lying, worthless, ignorant, inbred, wanna-be, loser you are. I don't understand how you can even bring yourself to sign on to a public forum anymore let alone the very one that is showcasing your antics to the world

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc51-general-discussion/60806-chronicles-mrgrn.html

Thank you & goodnight.

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
You fvckin poser, you wouldn't know a good handling sportbike from a Big Wheel. Go try to sell some more Fake Brembo calipers or some Pink Dragon, made in China craptastic exhausts and let the big boys talk...

PS I know you're pretty dense and all or to put it in terms you can understand "fvckin stupid", but you do realize that this site right here Speedzilla.com is hosting one of the most viewed threads and it is all about how much of a pathetic, lying, worthless, ignorant, inbred, wanna-be, loser you are. I don't understand how you can even bring yourself to sign on to a public forum anymore let alone the very one that is showcasing your antics to the world

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc51-general-discussion/60806-chronicles-mrgrn.html

Thank you & goodnight.

owned...again....on yet another forum. whenever markie says anything about riding you know its BS, he's had the same set of tires for years...when was your last trackday angry man?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS Guys

Well thanks for the info. I am still torn between the double and triple clicker. Do I really need the triple for street use? I can save quite a few $$$ with just the double. Any other sugestions about set up? I did my first long ride on it last sat and really enjoyed it. Road up to Snowshoe and watched the GNCC face for a while. Another thing I want to do in the future too. I really like the look of the BST wheels A LOT!! :notworthy I have heard rumors they aren't safe for the street. I LOVE OZ wheels too, when I found out they made bike wheels I was interested but they are impossible to find.
This site is one of the main reasons I bought an RC. I know a lot of people have issues with Mark but leave it to the other thread. I have contacted 2 other people beside Mark about parts on this site and they gave little to no response??? I have been looking for 4 or 5 carbon parts for 2 months since I went back to work, and no one seems to want my $$$ ? :confused: Some swear by these people and say they are the best! If so I guess I am just not in the click???? I sent 3 people a list of parts I was looking for and Mark was the only one that gave me any kind of answer of having stuff. Not on anyone's side or kissing up I would just like some nice parts. I have been searching for an MR hugger and just finaly gave up???? Some one said one of the guys on here has them but I got no answer that made sense just a misleading web site that didn't list MR stuff.
MY:twocents THANKS Hoovy

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Have you tried here:

RC51 SP1/SP2 VTR1000 Carbon Body Work | Magical Racing

About the shock, I would say that if money really is an issue, you might be better off with just the double. The worst that can happen is that you can sell it later and buy a triple. Aftermarket shocks do tend to hold their value fairly well too. Buy a used double, ride it for a year, and if you don't like it, you'll most likely be able to sell it for the same price or very close to it.

There are a couple penske shocks on ebay right now. One is at $450 and appears to be the triple clicker model. The guy doesn't mention the model number, but it looks like the other one that is almost $1000 and is the triple clicker. I don't know much about penske shocks though, so I would verify all that with the seller.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Im using Hyperpr 3D Shock & their raiser kit(20mm)..so no issue on it..:twocents :twocents :clapper

·
unificator
480 Posts
Well thanks for the info. I am still torn between the double and triple clicker. Do I really need the triple for street use? I can save quite a few $$$ with just the double.

im pretty sure nobody has ever thought they had "too good of a shock" for whatever condition they were riding. get the best you can afford and enjoy.

·
half-fast member
340 Posts
re: double vs. triple -- ask yourself this question: are you ever going to fiddle with the high speed compression damping adjustment?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's why I brag on this site !!!

Good people and good info!

bmiller; I ran into that site a while back but lost it. That is the only place I have seen that hugger for sale. Man they are proud of there stuff but quality means price. I have talked to the guy on ebay with the $450 one and I have been waiting on him to send me pics since early last week. It is a double clicker. That is one of the reasons for my thread. I think the double will do fine for the street.

pannetron; no most like not that is one adjustment that really wouldn't make a big difference on the street.

THANKS again guys, RIDE SAFE !!!! :notworthy HOOVY

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good people and good info!

bmiller; I ran into that site a while back but lost it. That is the only place I have seen that hugger for sale. Man they are proud of there stuff but quality means price. I have talked to the guy on ebay with the $450 one and I have been waiting on him to send me pics since early last week. It is a double clicker. That is one of the reasons for my thread. I think the double will do fine for the street.

pannetron; no most like not that is one adjustment that really wouldn't make a big difference on the street.

THANKS again guys, RIDE SAFE !!!! :notworthy HOOVY
Pm sent about a Penske double, and Moriwaki link

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
You are forgetting the most important part that everyone should be the most in tune with. The mental aspect of riding! Confidence is EVERYTHING in this sport. Knowing you have the best possible product underneath of you gives you that extra confidence. It doesn't matter whether you can use it or not. Every weekend races are both won & lost on the track because equally skilled riders show up on the grid and one has obviously better equipment whether it is tires, suspension or whatever. When you have the slightest doubt in the back of your mind that you don't have the best possible equipment supporting you then that does factor into the way you ride the bike.

When you buy aftermarket suspension you are purchasing for yourself two things:

1. A greater margin of safety.

2. A larger margin of error.

If the bike is compliant underneath you and doing what it is supposed to then then when something does go wrong or you make a mistake, which we all do, you have a much greater chance of keeping it on two wheels if not on the track. You can ride faster with less drama period.

Additionally when the bike is working with you instead of against you have more time to focus on throttle control, corner entry and body positioning rather than concentrating on how to correct or circumvent the bikes next wallow, spin-up or bobble etc...

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
You are forgetting the most important part that everyone should be the most in tune with. The mental aspect of riding! Confidence is EVERYTHING in this sport. Knowing you have the best possible product underneath of you gives you that extra confidence. It doesn't matter whether you can use it or not. Every weekend races are both won & lost on the track because equally skilled riders show up on the grid and one has obviously better equipment whether it is tires, suspension or whatever. When you have the slightest doubt in the back of your mind that you don't have the best possible equipment supporting you then that does factor into the way you ride the bike.

When you buy aftermarket suspension you are purchasing for yourself two things:

1. A greater margin of safety.

2. A larger margin of error.

If the bike is compliant underneath you and doing what it is supposed to then then when something does go wrong or you make a mistake, which we all do, you have a much greater chance of keeping it on two wheels if not on the track. You can ride faster with less drama period.

Additionally when the bike is working with you instead of against you have more time to focus on throttle control, corner entry and body positioning rather than concentrating on how to correct or circumvent the bikes next wallow, spin-up or bobble etc...
Can I hear an A-men brother :rockon :rockon :rockon

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc51-general-discussion/59307-superbike-valving.html

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Amen!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts