Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question isn't to get a flame war started between anyone or anything like that because someone here will disagree with the rest. I am just curious how many people drag knees on the street for the simple reason, I am always reading somewhere if you are dragging on the street you are riding too fast. I don't always agree with that cause I can do it at around 30mph on one particular road we run. I also make no claims at being a super rider or anything so don't think I am bragging or anything. I actually really didn't start enjoy riding a whole lot till I got to the point of dragging. Now I don't do it everywhere, I pick and choose my roads to do so. Mainly kinda of curious on others riding habits.

I will add that I do agree that the track is a much better place for this type of riding. I would be there every weekend if there was one close enough to me. I hate you lucky phucks out west.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (Steve954RR)

I don't
. It keep's me from going to fast to be safe. Beside, you can go pretty fast; even on the track, without using you knee

Am just saying!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

A couple of well known corners, yes. 99% of the time no. I never saw the point in dragging my knee on the street, i guess because if I HAVE to drag my knee then I am acting like a moron on the street, but there is a few particular corners where I help friends ride a little faster/better that its just too hard not to fly through it

Now not having to drag your knee but doing it anyway just for fun? Sure, my brother-in-law does it all the time. I gigantic waste of $25.00 but whatever floats your boat. In fact here is a pic of him at the Dragon this past weekend grinding down his pucs for no good reason other than he likes to more than I.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If my knee hits on the street, it's because the radius of the curve REALLY tightened up. I used to do it on cloverleaves on our bypass, but it chews up tires too much. Now I just reserve it for the track... SOOOO Much more fun there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (theman1990)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theman1990 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If my knee hits on the street, it's because the radius of the curve REALLY tightened up. I used to do it on cloverleaves on our bypass, but it chews up tires too much. Now I just reserve it for the track... SOOOO Much more fun there!</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey,hey!! I hear you brother

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (twitchINC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twitchINC »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can't see pic
!!???</TD></TR></TABLE>

try this http://photos1.blogger.com/img...9.jpg

I put it up mostly to annoy my brother-in-law
. I love your sister Gregg and we have sex all the time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (clarkandgrilli)

the "ONLY"time i drag my knee is to get out of bed.

Modified by KING TUT 73 at 10:57 AM 6/4/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (KING TUT 73)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KING TUT 73 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the "NLY"time i drag my knee is to get out of bed.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The only time I drag my knee on the street is when I fall off!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (robmbridge)

We call it "getting your knee down" over here in England. Which is my useless fact of the day!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I for the most part hardly ever drag knees but I do enjoy it when it happens. WHY? because I feel connected to the bike and can gauge where it's at in the lean angle. I usually drag once or twice in the begining of a ride or twisties to get it out of my system and to get a good feel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (3stripes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 3stripes »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I for the most part hardly ever drag knees but I do enjoy it when it happens. WHY? because I feel connected to the bike and can gauge where it's at in the lean angle. I usually drag once or twice in the begining of a ride or twisties to get it out of my system and to get a good feel
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do drap my knee from time to time. I first did it cause I thought it was cool. Then after a few sets of pucks it wasnt as cool. I will hit it a handful of times when we are out riding. Sometimes I get suprised cause I didnt think I was down as far as I was.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did once and only once. Scares the hell out of me to do something like that on the streets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have knee dragged for so long now that if i dont, i dont feel as if i'm riding correctly. Not dragging keeps me slower and keeps the donuts eaters from watching me too closly. But there is always a time and a place to drag. As far as saying if u drag on the street your riding too fast, thats all in the rider. Everyone rides at different speeds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (cehowardrc51)

I have put a puck down on the street, I would never agree that it was the right technique for that environment. Regardless of how well I know the road, conditions where just right blah blah blah. It is stupid and I knew it when I did it. Besides I have been flat out dusted on the street by riders that push waaaaaaaayy harder then I do. Then I see these same guys at the track and they are slow as shit....

Knee dragging on the public roads is just as stupid as wheelies and stoppies.

Squidly as you can get.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (twitchINC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twitchINC »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I don't
. It keep's me from going to fast to be safe. Beside, you can go pretty fast; even on the track, without using you knee

</TD></TR></TABLE>
^^^^^^ that's me right there, not saying that I am fast, but I can keep a pretty good pace, and I have yet to drag a knee, not really a goal of mine though, when/if it happens it happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Survey-Do you drag-a-knee? (sp2pilot)

Wow! Such varied responses on such a mundane thing. A wheelie is something you have to put forth an obvious effort to do, and is a blatant show of disregard. Dragging a knee(to me) seems so innocuous. If I'm on a spirited ride, and a good corner is in play, I can either put my knee on the ground or not. It's not like you have to make some sort of ethical issue out of this. What's the big freakin' deal? My opinion? Don't be so freakin' PC. Don't be a jerk either. If you can drag your knee - and you want to........ go ahead. Damn.
Again, a wheelie or a stoppie is a completely different deal.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts