Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a few new pants and jackets that are designed specifically for supermoto. Anyone try any of it out yet?

Joe Rocket and TLD both have pants and jacket combos. There are also some one piece leathers out there that are designed for supermoto.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Supermoto specific gear (K-T-M)

as you see most of the world level Supermoto riders use full leather suits... im not sure if those MX lookin troy lee pants would save your skin on a 80mph crash... i feel safer wearing my sportbike leathers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Supermoto specific gear (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as you see most of the world level Supermoto riders use full leather suits... im not sure if those MX lookin troy lee pants would save your skin on a 80mph crash... i feel safer wearing my sportbike leathers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd go the full leather route as well, although as you mentioned there are some one piece supermoto specific leahers on the market that are supposed to offer more movement than normal roadracing leathers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm using the AXO sumo suit,and i like it alot..it's much lighter than my standard roadrace suit and much cooler in the heat of the summer...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a Shift leather suit this weekend at the Chicago Motorcycle Show. It looked pretty good. Decent armor in the street places. Lots of ventilations in the front and shoulder(alot like the JR Speedmaster scoops).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Supermoto specific gear (K-T-M)

I've been wearing a Alpinestars Supermoto suit. Can't say I've crashed going 80 yet, but I crashed in the dirt several times and every time I do I end up getting skinned up. I guess leather, friction and skin aren't a very good match. I also wear MX gear with this body armor stuff underneath sometimes and I am more comfortable and have yet to get skinned up at lower speed crashes on both pavement and dirt. But being scared at that one high-speed getoff that could happen I usually wearer the leathers.

I actually tried to buy the TLD stuff, but it seems like it's always backordered, and hard to get unless your Doug Henry. I think they have the right combination of comfort and protection... if you can find some, I'd say buy them... unlesss you spend your time on the road then don't be crazy, get leathers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts