Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently wear a custom set of syed roadracing leathers. but they're heavy, too restrictive for supermoto, and they cut the hell out of my adam's apple. what is out there for $500 or less. who sells arlen ness? i remember seeing some shift leathers. but i can't find any info. i may send mine to barnacle bill to have him cut on them.

sign me,
champagne taste on a wine budget.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Supermoto leathers for a dude with lint in his pocke ... (Nick Novice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick Novice »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sign me,
champagne taste on a wine budget.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought you were one of those malt likkah boys...

(oh $hit, here comes Walnut!)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Supermoto leathers for a dude with lint in his pocke ... (Jacka$$)

Don't let the smooth taste fool ya...

Dennis Kirk sells the Shift suit, Motostrano has a bunch of other suits too.
Teknic and AGV, make inexpensive 2pc suits...and b4 you start whining about 2pc suits, the cut is more upright, like a supermoto, and most of your get offs will be in the dirt...so they wont come apart...hell, all the dirt track guys wear them, at much higher speeds.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Supermoto leathers for a dude with lint in his pocke ... (stlwalnut)

I have seen the shift leathers in the flesh (hide?) And they look great. The only two negatives are that there is not as much venting as I would like, and I am not a fan of black, very-hot-in-the-sun leathers.

My local dealer "Cedar Creek" in Wisconsin has some in stock.
http://www.superbikers2.com/ne...s.htm
I am actually looking at some new leather optioins myself, looks like there is a bunch of good stuff out there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Supermoto leathers for a dude with lint in his pocke ... (Nick Novice)

I went cheap on the leathers: A Teknic Chicane 2 pc. gives me enough room to move around, and has withstood numerous crashes on asphalt, one at over 70 mph. I got mine from newenough.com for less than $400.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts