Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was out at Road America, i saw someone had boots that looked to be Super Moto specific. i thought they were Sidi, but i havent been able to find them. they were grey and looked to have replaceble orange sliders along the outside of the sole. anybody know any info?

Chad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: supermoto boots (cb186)

yes Sidi has those they call them "Supermoto"

Oxtar has the TCX

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You may be referring to Sidi's Supermoto boot that looks like this:

I just bought a pair this summer from Motoprimo, and am extremely happy with them so far, although I haven't been to the track with them yet. There are 2 different kinds of replaceable sliders, the gray or red, and the entire sole is replaceable as well. The boots are based off of Sidi's Vortex EVO dirt boot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: supermoto boots (Gerg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may be referring to Sidi's Supermoto boot that looks like this:

<snip>

I just bought a pair this summer from Motoprimo, and am extremely happy with them so far, although I haven't been to the track with them yet. There are 2 different kinds of replaceable sliders, the gray or red, and the entire sole is replaceable as well. The boots are based off of Sidi's Vortex EVO dirt boot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

Those are the newer SIDI supermoto boots. The ones in Giannis' picture are the older Force SRS, which are/were their top of the line motocross boot with the replaceable soles and optional sliders. I think the newer boot is a little more flexible, like a road race boot... look at the difference at the ankles.

I have the Force SRS, and they are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned... use them for trail riding and supermoto racing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: supermoto boots (Gerg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may be referring to Sidi's Supermoto boot that looks like this:

I just bought a pair this summer from Motoprimo, and am extremely happy with them so far, although I haven't been to the track with them yet. There are 2 different kinds of replaceable sliders, the gray or red, and the entire sole is replaceable as well. The boots are based off of Sidi's Vortex EVO dirt boot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep, those look like what they were, thanks. i have been wearing my old A* roadrace boots because they are lighter than my MX boots, but i'm wearing right thru the outside of the heal area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I've got the Oxtars, and they work as advertised. The only problems are that you'll wear out the edge of the sole way before any of the rest (depending on your riding style of course), and the soles are $50 a set.

If you look at this picture, you'll see that the right part of the heel is ground down quite a bit. I actually did most of that in just a couple sessions at one track day. After attending the West Coast Supermoto School, I learned to keep from dragging my foot so much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: supermoto boots (Dave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've got the Oxtars, and they work as advertised. The only problems are that you'll wear out the edge of the sole way before any of the rest (depending on your riding style of course), and the soles are $50 a set.

If you look at this picture, you'll see that the right part of the heel is ground down quite a bit. I actually did most of that in just a couple sessions at one track day. After attending the West Coast Supermoto School, I learned to keep from dragging my foot so much.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the part that i wear out too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And that's the nice thing about the Sidi's, the replaceable parts are where they need to be, and a full set only costs $20!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Fullthrottle)

Novo Gar, Hebo, Forma (not fox one) theres a lot of brand for supermot' boots!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts