Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Very cool, Casey is a good guy and should do well there. My friend Eddie Mulder just qualified fastest vintage by over 21 seconds on his Triumph. (4th fastest among the 750 pro's) I couldn't make it this year due to surgery, but will be there next year with a 650 Husaberg purpose built for the mountain.

Cheers,
-Rocky-

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Casey Yarrow posted a time of 12:21 seconds (compared to the 2005 record of 12:20 by Micky Dymond on a KTM), winning his class.

Dymond ran a scorching 11:47, shattering his 2005 record.

But top honors belong to Gary “Silent H” Trachy who nipped Dymond at the finish line by a second to set a new motorcycle record of 11:46.

The cars and trucks were hampered by inclement weather leaving Trachy to post the fastest 2006 time for the “Race to the Clouds”.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update from Pikes Peak

Way too many things to talk about from two conversations so I’ll try to summarize:

Five bikes at a time for the launch of the 700cc class:

In the same group were AMA Supermoto regulars Gary “Silent H” Trachy (GP Husqvarna 660), Jeff Grace (Apex Sports), and 2005 Supermoto Unlimited Champion Micky Dymond (All Access KTM 610).

Dymond got the holeshot with Grace just behind him and followed by Trachy.

Trachy got around Grace, then tailed Dymond to just about the halfway point.

Trachy’s clutch cable popped out of the arm at the case (particularly strange as the clutch setup on his Eddy Seel Replica Husqvarna 660 has constant tension on the clutch—even at the lever), but he managed to keep from stalling in the slower corners.

The upper half of the course has some long straightaways punctuated with hairpin corners, and Trachy was able to use his larger motor to keep ahead of Dymond.

Trachy described the bike as powerful, yet with an “electric” powerband, and hopes to convince GP Team Owner Paul Lima to let him ride it in the next AMA Supermoto Unlimited round at Detroit on July 8.

Dymond, fighting a cold for several days and relegated to riding his regular Unlimited KTM 610, instead of an LC4-based 700cc bike, was pleased that he and Trachy had developed a fierce but friendly rivalry at Pikes Peak.

Dymond vowed that he’d be back in 2007 with the 700cc bike, to which Trachy responded “yeah, that’ll be good for about nine-tenths of a second.”

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
And Eddie Mulder won the Vintage class on his Truimph (setting a new record in the process!) Not bad for a guy in his 60's! :rockon Cudos to supertuner Dale Lineaweaver for setting up the carburetated bike to pull hard from start to finish (7000 to 12,000 feet) bike was built and set up in the Bay Area, and ran right out of the box with NO jetting changes required!
-Rocky-

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got to go for a long weekend and watch the hill climb. I think anybody interested in any form of motorsports should go see it sometime , its worth it.I also got to spend some time with my brother who lives near denver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts