Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wtf Guys: I'm looking @ a 1998 Superhawk on ebay that the guy supposedly punched out to 1300cc's. He's saying that the bike dyno'd only 82hp @ the rear wheel!! Now, according to "Sport Rider" magazine, a STOCK 1998 Superhawk laid down 104hp @ 8500rpm's...WHAT GIVES??!!:eek:

Should I run SCREAMING from this guy or what? I don't want to buy a bike if it's been jacked up by an overzealous mechanic. I LOVE my RC51, but just want a comfortable get-around bike....:D

Please help!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
If it was bored out to a 1300cc motor....and is only making 82whp there is something wrong!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:wtf Exactly MY thoughts!! This kid had NO idea what he was talking about!! He did me a favor by cancelling my bid because he had "gotten the Buy It Now price of $3500.00"!! Good luck to whomever bought that P.O.S.!!!:wacky

·
Registered
733 Posts
My guess is either he did shitty work on the bike or didnt tune it or put the bike together correctly which is why there is such poor performance. Good save though..glad he cancelled your bid save you some headache thats for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts