Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if the folks around here are gonna be happy with this announcement, or if this will lead to more "SPEED sucks" topics?

Clear Channel Entertainment‘s Motor Sports division announced today they signed a five-year agreement with SPEED Channel to broadcast the THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series. As part of the agreement THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series will be positioned as the premier motorcycle property on SPEED Channel and supported by an aggressive national on and off-channel promotional campaign.

So after being beat down by the NASCAR machine, now our road racing will also take a back seat to Supercross.

In 2005-2006, the 250cc races that air on SPEED Channel will receive next-day original airings. The 125cc race will be shown later in the same week.

I don't follow Supercross racing at all. When are their races? If they are on Saturday nights this will increase the competition for a good Sunday slot for AMA/WSBK/MotoGP broadcasts. I'm guessing the 125cc race will be shown on Tuesday and maybe they'll create a new Supercross show to run alongside (or replace) TWT.

As long as they still show AMA and MotoGP on Sunday I'm happy. I'll definitely start paying more attention to Supercross, so it might not be a bad thing.

http://www.speedtv.com/article...18916/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Supercross on SPEED (Baasinator)

Uggghhh....

Must the man always beat us down?

I can't help but notice that this coincides with the new Supercross movie that just hit theatres as well. I know that dirt bikes have a following, but come on? Maybe they could combine all things 2 wheels into 1 network?

I think we'll see a lot more tape delayed....like a week, races from here on out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Supercross on SPEED (Saginaw748)

I'm happy about it. I can't get ESPN or OLN in Canada so this is good news for me.

Supercross is in the winter anyway, so it shouldn't impact on the road racing coverage (I hope).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Supercross on SPEED (2 Strokes Forever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2 Strokes Forever »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm happy about it. I can't get ESPN or OLN in Canada so this is good news for me.

Supercross is in the winter anyway, so it shouldn't impact on the road racing coverage (I hope).

</TD></TR></TABLE>

See, told ya I knew nothing about Supercross!

You're right. There could be some shared weekends in the spring, but hopefully it doesn't have much impact.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This sucks! Now they will f#%k this up... Threy have f#%ked up the AMA, WSB and MOTOGP racing on the tub! Thay want to screw up all of it! I will boycot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts