Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So me and my two buddies ran Summit Main with Team Promotion yesterday. The 01 RC I picked up for mostly track and some street duty worked well. I have some tweaking to do on the suspension but all in all the bike worked well. One of my friends was on a 05 1k gsxr and my other buddy on a 04 1k rr. They were easily walking me on the front straights but in the corners I was able to make up ground. I met Coleman at the second session but wasn't able to really run with him until the last session of the day. Our lane choices in the staging area were a little off for running together. He's a pretty fast guy. Hope to run a couple more track days next year but I'm done for this season. Got money to make to add some goodies to the track RC...

Here's a couple of the many pictures from the day...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
HanZcap said:
He's a fast guy for his age. Hope to run a couple more track days next year but I'm done for this season. Got money to make to add some goodies to the track RC...
Uh oh, Watch out Mike, Coleman might smack you for that comment. He is fast period, and not because he is old.

Cool pics. What turn is that on Main?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey my grandfather is 83 and runs the 100,200 meters, and does the long in Masters Track and Field. I tell him that he's fast for his age all the time. I think Coleman and my grandfather understand what we mean by that. I want to say it was turn 7.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Old,Dirty,Racer
1,191 Posts
Hiya Mike, it was real cool running with ya. I think those laps I followed you were the fastest of the day for me. Those chicks were busting me in the corners too:mad: Notbecause they had more cornerspeed(I think). they were giving more throttle in the corners that I was. I was going in just as fast as they were on the same line, but at the end they had more drive. Only way I can see it, they rolled on more than I did.

When you came along, I gave it a little more.

The old man is still a little timid.

You were kicking a mean pace.. Mean. A couple more track days and you wiil in the top advance class...:rockon

The weather yesterday was nothing short of fantastic. I mean utterly fantastic.

Mark, you were right on about my oil level. I put the RC in the chock, minus the rear stand and it was at that high mark.

I need to get a laptimer/speedo correcter.. I hope they make an all in one unit. I am hitting big numbers coming down that straight, and my old timed azz is braking way late too. :) I am finding out that gives me an edge to get into the corner faster.:)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the thumbs up... I was really trying to work on body position yesterday and by the end of the day I was really getting of the bike better and driving thru the corners. I wish we could have hooked up sooner. I'm pretty good and finding a fast line on a track.:) The concrete has a ton of traction but visually it was a distraction... I can't wait for next season. Next time I may bring both RC't to see which one has the better setup... BTW your pretty darn fast yourself. It took me till turn 10 to catch up to you. :clapper It's a good thing I was in the staging lane next to your lane or it might have taken me more than a lap to run you down. Being timid is a good thing but then again being crazy comes in handy too... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts