Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you flame me you have to remember that in 01 honda did not put a spool mount on the RC swingarm. Any suggestions on how to acheive this other than haiving a 6mm nut welded on the swingarm. I know we talked about this before but my search for this info came up empty...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I noticed on my O1's swing arm, there is a whole on the bottom of each "arm". Maybe there is a bolt that can fit in there with some kind of connector(technical name). I have been wondering that same thing about the spools though.
I can't figure out how they wouldn't have on from the factory.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way I can see to attach a spool is to weld a nut onto the bottom of the swingarm .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Skateboard wheels

eee
Just Riding Along said:
Why? For a stand, or for crash protection?

How about this? It's not for a RC, but with some head scratching it could happen.
Hi, I simply used a threaded 6 mm stainless bar through the hollow rear axis and used skateboard wheels as crash protectors. You can buy those wheels in a multitude of colours and graphics :p. A little more weight was added for the rear suspension to cope with, but not significant at least compared to my riding skills.

br, JuhaV

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks G-man... I had forgotten about those. :rockon

·
South Texan
638 Posts
I think it was Empy or maybe someone else maybe Sp2pilot that got bungs and flush mounted them on the side of the swing arm. why dont you just use the non-spooled style stands?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No sense in having two stands. I want to use the spools/slider type for lifting and protection.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went that route on my street bike. Now that I look back on it I wish i had bought the track bike before doing the conversion on the street bike.

·
South Texan
638 Posts
HanZcap said:
No sense in having two stands. I want to use the spools/slider type for lifting and protection.
as far as protection, it isnt there from my experience. maybe in a small drop like in your garage or driveway they might help. both times i have wrecked with spools on my bike the spool breaks off, rips the bung off with it and puts a big dent in the swing arm. just my :twocents . pitbull makes the S/S stand for spooled and standered bikes, youdont have to weld anything and the then you would have 2 stands for both bikes.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I look at it this was if it's mean to happen it's going to happen. An ounce of protection goes a long way. Not to mention that 2 rc's, a trailer full of tires, tools, and supplies fills up a trailer quickly. No need to carry two stands to the track...

·
Registered
853 Posts
You can drill a hole an install a threadsert,it has threads inside of it to mount your slider

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a spool style stand already and I didn't want to waste money on another stand. Have a budget to work with and need other stuff for the two bikes...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Why doesn't your 01 have spool mounts? I have an 00 and it has mounts welded on the swingarm. I bought a set of spools and didn't like the way they looked. I took them off. Besides, for a street bike, if you need them just screw them in before you lift your bike. No need to leave them in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts