Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you flame me you have to remember that in 01 honda did not put a spool mount on the RC swingarm. Any suggestions on how to acheive this other than haiving a 6mm nut welded on the swingarm. I know we talked about this before but my search for this info came up empty...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I noticed on my O1's swing arm, there is a whole on the bottom of each "arm". Maybe there is a bolt that can fit in there with some kind of connector(technical name). I have been wondering that same thing about the spools though.
I can't figure out how they wouldn't have on from the factory.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Skateboard wheels

eee
Just Riding Along said:
Why? For a stand, or for crash protection?

How about this? It's not for a RC, but with some head scratching it could happen.
Hi, I simply used a threaded 6 mm stainless bar through the hollow rear axis and used skateboard wheels as crash protectors. You can buy those wheels in a multitude of colours and graphics :p. A little more weight was added for the rear suspension to cope with, but not significant at least compared to my riding skills.

br, JuhaV

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went that route on my street bike. Now that I look back on it I wish i had bought the track bike before doing the conversion on the street bike.

·
South Texan
638 Posts
HanZcap said:
No sense in having two stands. I want to use the spools/slider type for lifting and protection.
as far as protection, it isnt there from my experience. maybe in a small drop like in your garage or driveway they might help. both times i have wrecked with spools on my bike the spool breaks off, rips the bung off with it and puts a big dent in the swing arm. just my :twocents . pitbull makes the S/S stand for spooled and standered bikes, youdont have to weld anything and the then you would have 2 stands for both bikes.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I look at it this was if it's mean to happen it's going to happen. An ounce of protection goes a long way. Not to mention that 2 rc's, a trailer full of tires, tools, and supplies fills up a trailer quickly. No need to carry two stands to the track...

·
Registered
853 Posts
You can drill a hole an install a threadsert,it has threads inside of it to mount your slider

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a spool style stand already and I didn't want to waste money on another stand. Have a budget to work with and need other stuff for the two bikes...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Why doesn't your 01 have spool mounts? I have an 00 and it has mounts welded on the swingarm. I bought a set of spools and didn't like the way they looked. I took them off. Besides, for a street bike, if you need them just screw them in before you lift your bike. No need to leave them in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.