Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning on going to 2 nesba trackdays at VIR for the 17 and 18 of july,and after that i would like to go to virginia beach with my family, do you guys know a nice campsite on the beach or very close to the beach and the action(amusement parks and stuff)that could be walking distance from the campsite,thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
VA Beach sucks ass... sorry.

Go to VIR and bring a few pit bikes or MTB bikes if you have them. Go and enjoy the beautiful countryside and relax.

That place is top notch!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Desmo 998 kind of hit the nail on the head. I live in Va Beach. The time of year you are looking at coming here does suck. The Beach is crowded and the Campground(s) closest to the beach are probably full. (KOA on General Booth Blvd and Shore Drive). I would stay west. .02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: sugestions for a trip to virginia (livharder)

Yeah, I'd stay west and try to visit places off of the Blueridge parkway. The parkway is very scenic, plus you can visit the vineyards. I went to school in SW Virginia and I loved the easy access to hiking, camping, boating, tubing, etc. Do a search and I'll bet that you'll find a web page devoted to it

-Tifosi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: sugestions for a trip to virginia (Tifosi)

Hey Tifosi! How did you do at Cycle Jam? We had a great time, excellent fun in the pits after dark! A pit bike is a must! Oh, and a case of beer!

Back on topic. Enjoy the area that is VIR! It is simply gorgeous this time of year. If you love the outdoors, you'll find penalty to do. VA Beach is a mess. Try not to be a part of it!

-Edmond

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: sugestions for a trip to virginia (Tifosi)

Skyline drive is quite nice, too. Go to Charlottesville, Staunton, Lexington and places like that....drop dead scenic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: sugestions for a trip to virginia (roadkill)

Not sure where you are coming from but grayson highlands state park is awesome. Pretty much on the NC/VA border about 2 or 3 hours west of VIR I would guess. If you like to hike, rock climb (bouldering mainly), trout fish, etc it is a great place. Right near the parkway and the appalachian trail. I would imagine there are some great roads around the area. Very nice campground there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: sugestions for a trip to virginia (livharder)

thanks everyone,i'll stay away from the beach i guess, i know virginia is realy nice in the country side or in the mountains,thanks for the info,i come from montreal canada,hope to see you at VIR 17/18 july thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: sugestions for a trip to virginia (YellowDesmo998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YellowDesmo998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Tifosi! How did you do at Cycle Jam? We had a great time, excellent fun in the pits after dark! A pit bike is a must! Oh, and a case of beer!
-Edmond</TD></TR></TABLE>

*off topic*

I'm still working on the report for my webpage...just waiting on the photo CD...I'll post it when I'm done.

I did pretty well for starting in the back (no points) and for riding a bike that didn't have the suspension adjusted for the new tire model (went from DCs to SCs)

Anyway, in Heavyweight V-Twin Superbike I started 17th out of 20 and finished 8th. In B Superbike I was the only twin with all of those in-line 4's (600s and 750s)...I started 50-something out of 60 and worked my way up to 38. Not bad for my first race weekend

Shooting for a top-3 to top-5 finish next weekend at Summit Point

*back on topic*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (jaymags)

I live in Virginia Beach as well. The demographics at beach aren't family friendly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (zachrc51)

I live 15 min from VIR and can tell you that there is alot closer stuff to do around here. If you must goto a beach then go to Wrightsville Beach in NC. Its a 3 hour drive from Danville and not a 4 to VA beach. If you really would like something to do close by VIR check out HYCO lake in NC. Its about 10 minutes from VIR. I'm sure you could find a campground or even a rental house there for your whole trip. If you need anything send me and im or check my profile and get my email. I would be more than happy to help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (mulisha00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mulisha00 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I sent you a pm. Here is the website. Check out that palace point place. I think that little kids will enjoy it. http://www.hycolake.com
</TD></TR></TABLE>no pm's received.thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (livharder)

hyco's ok, but if you go west, smith mtn lake is the place. probably an hour or so from the track, not too far from the parkway. you can rent a houseboat for a few days if you like it and there's nothing like a mountain lake. what are you going to be driving?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (bdfinally)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bdfinally »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hyco's ok, but if you go west, smith mtn lake is the place. probably an hour or so from the track, not too far from the parkway. you can rent a houseboat for a few days if you like it and there's nothing like a mountain lake. what are you going to be driving?</TD></TR></TABLE>an extended van with an r1 in the back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts