Speedzilla Forums banner

Stupid track day question

550 views 8 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Generally speaking how much fuel would I need to bring for one day?

G
#4 ·
Re: Stupid track day question (TLSer)

It depends on the track and the bike. If I'm on a short layout with no big straights, 1 tankful is close to enough for the day, but on big tracks with lots of WFO time, I can go through a couple tank fulls. If you don't know, bring lots. I always fill the tank, and bring 3 gallon size jerry cans.

G
#5 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TLSer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cool. That's about what I was thinking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And remember.....if you do run out of gas on the track, your response is a mumbled "must be some kind of electrical problem".....then you discreetly fill the tank and then grandly announce that you found the problem and fixed it.

Ain't that right, guys?

G
#7 ·
Re: Stupid track day question (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And remember.....if you do run out of gas on the track, your response is a mumbled "must be some kind of electrical problem".....then you discreetly fill the tank and then grandly announce that you found the problem and fixed it.

Ain't that right, guys?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought it was when the numpty on the 998 gets passed by the SV he pulls in

and says "MAN, I ran outta gas".

G
#8 ·

Mark at Barber on my 750 I filled the tank full and took a 5 gal can full, only had maybe a gallon left after 110 miles. They drank gas at race pace!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.