Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STT @ Putnam....Video, props, flame

Putnam Trackday 7-31-05

Other than a NESBA trackday back in 2001, I've only done trackdays the day before raceweekends, and it's mostly racers getting practice in.
Wasn't thrilled w/ Nesba. Had some minor issues. No biggie.
My second time w/ STT and loved it...again. Monty comes off as a great guy, with a good sense of humor.
I will do more STT days this year, to reaclimate myself to the track, before heading back to racing in 06.

Brought the 929 again and did advanced. I am never in a hurry, so I always start slow and dont put my head down until after lunch. Was running sub-20's unless I was stuck behind guys. The bike and tires ain't the best, but I am starting to get comfortable again, out there....and that is whats important. Should be ready to roll by the spring.

Took 2.5 hours of great footage out there, got tons of fast guys ROLLIN'...unfortunately the camera mount was attached to my engine-mount bolt and the camera went nuts when I started my engine. Just checked all the footage today and it is all digitally ruined. Some kind of electrical prob caused by the motor.
Only usable footage I have was from mounting the camera on buddies tail-section at the end of the day and doing two laps in the last session. Just cruised around to get some camera time, since all I ever do is film everyone else. I'm beyond tired and the tires are fried, so nothing great footage wise.

This is all I got.
http://www.highspeedassault.co....mpeg

Was great seeing some of my old racebuddies, and I had a blast.

Rant:
I got to say this though.
It is always stated in the riders meeting "this is a trackday, not a race...if someone continually shows you a wheel...let em go by"

There is definately something called track-day ettiquette and race-day ettiquette.
During a race, I am ruthless but clean. On a trackday, show me a wheel and I will let you go by. It aint a race, it aint even close to a race. Dicing around w/ your buddies is one thing, but playing corner-chicken w/ riders trying to safely get past you is another.
Had probs w/ about 3 or 4 guys out there that were race-day aggressive...way too aggressive for a trackday.
Showing a wheel, but they are Rossi. Pulling alongside on exit, but they are Rossi. Over and over.
I felt like the 250 guys, stuck behind these guys in the corners and then out powered to the next corner. Very frustrating. If I would have been on a decent bike it wouldnt have been an issue, but the bike I was on had me having to ere on the side of caution.
Never saw (or ever seen) any amatuer or expert racer do this...it is always the backroad/trackday guys. Saw a little bit of this at Autobahn last month too.
Guys, it aint a race...let the guy go by. If ya want to ride aggressive and dice, then enter a race.
Rant over.

See ya guys at Gingermann

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
around colorado they tell us that it is the faster guys job to pass you, not your job to let them pass.

i think it makes sense because that way the slower rider never does anything unpredictable.

fun video!!!

Modified by motobum at 3:44 PM 8/2/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: STT @ Putnam....Video, props, flame (CCS-Expert347)

Mommy! Those mean kids won't let me pass them!

It's too bad those track day organizers won't let you roll off or pit in when you don't like who you're riding with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (motobum)

No. That's not what I meant. It's called etiquette(sp).
When you are pulling alongside someone multiple times on exit only to have them HP to the next corner, it's pretty obvious they are holding you up.
Why hold someone who is much faster up? Just cause they have a slower bike? Let them go, so they can do their thing. No?
It aint a race. If it was, I wouldnt be bitching, I would have just passed them on entrance instead of exit....and done whatever it took to make it stick. But it aint a race, so.....

Doesnt make sense to me, and since I have never seen a true racer do it, it seems to only make sense to the guys who dont race. Maybe it's cause they do their racing on 'trackdays'

I aint dissin' on 99% of the guys, just the few who do it. GTFOOTWI!!! (get the F out of the way, Idiot)

Modified by CCS-Expert347 at 6:32 AM 8/2/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (CCS-Expert347)

I think everyone is just confused by your confusing posts. Your stories are just so interesting and unpredictable. You posts videos of a guy going around the track at a mediocre trackday pace, but claim to be a hotshot former racer. Could you please straighten it out for us?

First we read that you are a prodigy and former CCS Amateur and then Expert who broke his ankle and went stunting.
Now you say you haven't raced since 2001. On your last video thread, you claimed that you hadn't ridden on the track for over two years, but I saw your trackday related posts on the Wera board last year...

Your buddy posts that you were doing 1:30s in the first video, which would be only 4 seconds off the lap record at Autobahn. Truly impressive, but the video shows you do more like 1:45. Then you say you were just out for fun, and weren't trying to go fast.

Later you post some clippings to prove that you kicked ass when you used to race, but you black out the name for some reason. When I point out that you should be trying to get their name out there if you are broke and want to get back to racing, you reply that you have no plans to return to racing.
Now you say you are returning to racing.

So what's the deal?
When did you race CSS Amateur? How many races? How many wins?
When did you race CCS Expert? How many races? How many wins?
Are you returning to racing?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CCS-Expert347 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What? No flames?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: STT @ Putnam....Video, props, flame (CCS-Expert347)

Oh, and I love this picture of you stunting...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: STT @ Putnam....Video, props, flame (999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh, and I love this picture of you stunting...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now, I was rude to him once and I learned my lesson, so I'm not going to do it again.

But damn, that's funny ......

CCS-Expert347 dude seemed to have a pretty good sense of humor, so I bet he get's a kick out of it too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: STT @ Putnam....Video, props, flame

I was there and saw your camera mount and wondered if it would work or not.

You did have the ugliest bike there – with the smashed in tank I was expecting you to get into trouble for excessive wheelies.

Here is Speedballers' bio from the link in his sig -

http://www.highspeedassault.com/speedballer.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: STT @ Putnam....Video, props, flame (JamesP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JamesP »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But damn, that's funny ......

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I laughed my arse off when I first saw that pic they posted/did of me over at the Christian Motorcycle site.

I call that move the "Mary Poppins"

I ROCK!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (999)

1st...whats your prob???

If ya want to flame me, then flame the video. Whats w/ all this personal ch*t?
You have issues w/ me? What are they?

To answer your questions...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You posts videos of a guy going around the track at a mediocre trackday pace, but claim to be a hotshot former racer. Could you please straighten it out for us?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I never claimed "former hotshot racer". Those are your words.
Mediocre pace? 1st vid was me cruising a POS in I after long time away from track. 2nd vid me getting more comfortable and cruising POS in A next time I saw the track.

Are you straightened out now?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First we read that you are a prodigy and former CCS Amateur and then Expert who broke his ankle and went stunting.
Now you say you haven't raced since 2001. On your last video thread, you claimed that you hadn't ridden on the track for over two years, but I saw your trackday related posts on the Wera board last year...</TD></TR></TABLE>
You sure do put a lot of your own words in other peoples mouths.
Prodigy, I never recall saying that, noir heard anyone else say that.
Broke his ankle then went stunting? No! Broke his ankle and continued to race and win. Then went stunting. Get it right if you are gonna flame someone.
Havent raced since 01? Wrong again.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Your buddy posts that you were doing 1:30s in the first video, which would be only 4 seconds off the lap record at Autobahn. Truly impressive, but the video shows you do more like 1:45. Then you say you were just out for fun, and weren't trying to go fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I dont care what a 'buddy' posts. I NEVER posted shit about lap times. Lap times meant sh*t to me out there. I was riding a POS, just trying to have fun....wasnt trying to go fast.
So whats your point?
What would your lap times be on that stuntbike I wonder? ....not so good I bet.
Me and You both, know that

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Later you post some clippings to prove that you kicked ass when you used to race, but you black out the name for some reason. When I point out that you should be trying to get their name out there if you are broke and want to get back to racing, you reply that you have no plans to return to racing.
Now you say you are returning to racing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Posted clipping cause ya'll say I never raced.
Like I said to you B4 (obviously your memory isnt the best)....
Blacked out the name cause I dont want/need my name all over the BBS w/ a bunch of squids on some flame-war.
I dont need sponsors from here. Why do you keep saying I am broke??? WTF is that about?(other than you being a prick).
I plan on racing again, but not on a regular basis. Maybe four or five, not anywhere near a real/full season.
Again, whats your point?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what's the deal?
When did you race CSS Amateur? How many races? How many wins?</TD></TR></TABLE>
2001: 2 weekends.
1st weekend...top 10's
2nd weekend...1 first, some top-5's
First trackday.... Putnam. Ran 16's all day long on 600cc. Crashed in last session and broke ankle.

Bumped to Expert. I asked CCS to stay amatuer until more tracktime.

2002: 3 weekends.
1st weekend...ran away from everyone in every race I entered. Did this w/ freshly broken ribs. I was runnning 1:09's at Gateway and the top 600 expert was running 1:08 that weekend. I was put under investigation by CCS that weekend to see if I was a WERA(or other) Expert.
Broke my frame that weekend in a tank-slapper.

2nd weekend (with broken frame).... Bike handled like shit and I wouldnt push it cause I didnt want the frame to fail.
placed 2-5 all weekend.

3rd weekend.... w/ same frame and handling probs placed 2-5 all weekend....1/2 rain 1/2 dry track.

Bumped to expert.

2003: Two weekends. installed new (used frame). Unknowingly rear shock was blown and had ZERO nitrogen in it.

1st weekend...bike was not only unridable, was dangerous. Evertime throttle was rolled off, or front brakes applied, back tire would machinegun-hop uncontrolably. Everyone who was behind me witnessed it. Started in the back and got a top-10, but bike was really dangerous. As the weekend heated up, everyone could go faster...I couldnt, so my placings fell. The bike was not only unridable, it was dangerous, so I dropped a bunch of races.

2nd weekend....we recharged the shock w/ 190psi nitrogen.
Bike handled good in the beginning of first practice, but handling quickly deteriorated back to where it had been the previous weekend. All nitrogen had leaked out.
Did a couple races just cause I had already paid and was jonesin' to race. I did 3 sprints.
2 lasts and one second to last. Terrible placings, but bike was unridable.

Doesnt matter, I had already proved what I could do on a decent bike so all your flaming is meaningless to me.

Now I got some questions for you 999.

What is your full name?
What organizations do you race with?
Amateur or Expert?
What is your competition number?
What are your placings from 1st weekend to last?
What are your lap times at your favorite track?
What do the guys who are winning run at that same track?

If you do not race....WHY NOT?

Cant wait to hear from you.

Modified by CCS-Expert347 at 9:07 AM 8/4/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Oh, and I would love to see a picture of you taking a corner. The Rossi pic is nice, but I really want to see a pic of you.
Thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

CCS-Expert347

What is your full name? Jeff Beck (really)

What organizations do you race with? Trackdays for now, I'm kind of thinking of doing F40 someday

Amateur or Expert? Intermediate trackday guy right now

What is your competition number? 999 would be cool

What are your placings from 1st weekend to last? Dunno about placings, but my lap times have dropped from about 1:50 to 1:33. I'll keep you posted

What are your lap times at your favorite track? I'm down to about 1:33

What do the guys who are winning run at that same track? I hear 1:26 would be a good Amateur time for a Lightweight bike. Fastest Expert times are usually 18/19...

If you do not race....WHY NOT? I raced part-time for 3 years when I was teenager. I doubt that I will do it again. I hate crowds and I'm having a ton of fun doing Monday trackdays with 30-50 friendly people. If I get down to the mid 20s next year, I'd probably do it once or twice just to I can post my CCS or WERA number in my sig or use it as my screen name.

Cant wait to hear from you.[/QUOTE]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I doubt if I will ever buy a picture of myself on the racetrack. I am just not "that guy". I do go over and look at them sometimes. If they ever caught a picture of the back end stepping out and I looked really cool, I'd have to buy it, but until that day... sorry.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CCS-Expert347 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh, and I would love to see a picture of you taking a corner. The Rossi pic is nice, but I really want to see a pic of you.
Thank you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

What is your full name? Jeff Beck (really)

What organizations do you race with? Trackdays for now, I'm kind of thinking of doing F40 someday

Amateur or Expert? Intermediate trackday guy right now

What is your competition number? 999 would be cool

What are your placings from 1st weekend to last? Dunno about placings, but my lap times have dropped from about 1:50 to 1:33. I'll keep you posted

What are your lap times at your favorite track? I'm down to about 1:33

What do the guys who are winning run at that same track? I hear 1:26 would be a good Amateur time for a Lightweight bike. Fastest Expert times are usually 18/19...

If you do not race....WHY NOT? I raced part-time for 3 years when I was teenager. I doubt that I will do it again. I hate crowds and I'm having a ton of fun doing Monday trackdays with 30-50 friendly people. If I get down to the mid 20s next year, I'd probably do it once or twice just to I can post my CCS or WERA number in my sig or use it as my screen name.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's (exactly) what I figured.

Get off my ass

Thank you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Yeah, you're awesome. Except when the video is running, then you make excuses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you say so. The first video you posted herew showed you 20 seconds off the track record, although your buddy said you were doing about 10 seconds a lap faster than the video shows. Wonder where he got that idea?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You wanna keep this going huh? Why?

20 seconds off the lap record? I didnt know I was trying to break it.
Buddy got that 'time' from ANOTHER buddy I was dicing w/ telling him his times.
What's your deal w/ me?
I'm a nice guy, but I aint gonna take a bunch of shit from some know-nuthin squid, like you.

Here, I edited your answers to get more to the truth.
What is your full name? who friggin' cares?
What organizations do you race with? NONE
Amateur or Expert? NIETHER
What is your competition number? NONE
What are your placings from 1st weekend to last? NONE. I don't race.
What are your lap times at your favorite track? 1:33
What do the guys who are winning run at that same track? 18/19...
If you do not race....WHY NOT? Cause I have zero talent, am slow, and would have less fun getting slaughtered in a race, than cruising around w/ streetriders in Intermediate on a trackday. I am at least 15 seconds off the pace.
Basically, I won't race cause I do not have the skill to be competitive.

Is that better?

You have issues, buddy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts