Speedzilla Forums banner

Stoner's Illness back?

5K views 67 replies 21 participants last post by  duckdawg 
#1 · (Edited)
First off, this is not meant to be a sarcastic post/thread calling out a superhuman Motogp racer by a guy who THINKS he is fast because he won a few club races (as it frequently happens on this board).

I am just posing a question and wondering if anyone else thinks that Stoner's illness from last couple of seasons may be back. They never really found the real issue with his fitness.

So, what do you all think?

#3 ·
He said he was tired from the back to back weekends. He could have blamed the bike or tire degradation. Let it go.

In any event he needs 1 win and the rest podiums to secure the title.

#8 ·
He is so close to the championship, I would think he could push himself and get thirds and fourths and still win the title. Lorenzo isn't going to win every race, nor are they going to have such hectic travel schedules across continents on back-to-back weekends.

#10 ·
So, what do you all think?

Sleep Depravation... Casey needs a cup of Valerian Root Tea before he cuddles the kitty...

Valerian, in pharmacology and phytotherapic medicine, is the name of a
herb or dietary supplement prepared from roots of the plant, which,
after maceration, trituration and dehydration processes, are packaged,
usually into capsules. Based on its pharmacological mode of action,
valerian root has been demonstrated to possess sedative and anxiolytic
effects... in others words you sleep like a baby...

#11 ·
I did notice that Lorenzo was sweating a lot more than normal and Pedrosa looked the freshest of them all, even in the long post race conf when they have had 8-12 minutes to drink fluids etc

As far as Stoner goes, I like him for the fact that he said what it was, many riders would blame setting, tires, track conditions etc.

And I believed him back then and I would belive him now if they came back and said that yes he is actually suffering from the same thing again.

For the sake of an interesting fight, I hope not

#20 ·
Is MotoGP run by the FIA?

If it is then I would suspect they are using the mysterious illness to close up the tail of the season to make it interesting.

Bernie or the FIA meddle with F1 all the time to make the season artificially close, etc.
Pete

#45 ·
Stoner has certainly been underestimated. But tbh I think in the shadow of Rossi's brilliance, and yes Jamie that's what it was, not to mention his sheer marketability as a media darling, many were underestimated. Rossi being out of the limelight certainly has helped somewhat to refocus peoples perspectives I would think.

Pedrosa was the evil little one for many years after one particular crash which in the end had no impact whatsoever on the championship. I've noticed a distinct drop off in the negative nicknames as his injuries mounted and he still kept coming back stronger and stronger. Dissenters suddenly becoming supporters in no time at all.

Lorenzo, much more the serious rider and less the joker than Rossi, knew what he was up against and simply didn't take the task lightly. Didn't fall for all the mind games or media limelight and instead took the fight to Rossi - IOW he did what counted.

Stoner, speaks his mind and consequently many call him a whiner esp. given the Japan, but how come no one is saying the same of Rossi who has also taken the same stance? And insofar as the illness is concerned imo it isn't a mystery, simply a rider wanting some level of privacy in his life.

Now people are starting to see the other riders as they really are, just incredibly talented riders just like Rossi. No more, definitely no less.

#52 ·
You may be right, but I think Stoner just naturally is comfortable to ride it to the edge (and over) more than virtually any other racer out there, regardless of any pressure to perform. I think Rossi (and many of us, including myself) has had a HUGE wakeup call with regards Stoner's clear and obvious speed since he stopped crashing every race and since the 07 dream season.

Rossi and others may be right in that Stoner clearly had not been able to develop the big bad Duc with Ducati since 07, but that takes nothing away from his ability to ride whatever he gets given, at phenomenal speed.

Let me put it this way.....give all the aliens (Stoner, Rossi, Lolly, Pedrobot) the exact same bike...and it would be very difficult to bet against Stoner for any single race, IMO. Whether he manages to win a championship of 16 races against Lolly, Rossi, Bot on the same basis is another question. Any rational person would hesitate about his mental and/or physical toughness.
So far, he's doing just fine...and I hope it stays that way.

He clearly deserves the 2011 Championship, IMO.

#57 ·
I'm thinkin Rossi made an improved Honda out of the Yamaha. And even while Ducati says they won't make a Yamaha out of the Duc, it appears they are doing so now. You gotta know that Burgess has all the numbers for the correct geometry and weight bias to get it done, they just have to get the powers that be to want to win bad enough to make it happen...

#61 ·
Precisely Stoner's words. Especially when he said "I asked for more front end feel for 3 years and after 4 races Rossi get a completely new bike".:rolleyes: Maybe he should be happy they didn't give him what he was asking for because they obviously have no way to figure out how to get it. :confused:

Stoner looks like a goddamn MONSTER for being able to put that bike on top of the box as often as he did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.