Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can remove it and reapply it? I got a tank I"m gonna repaint and it has a pretty much brand new set of black stomp grips on it.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
NEGATIVE :(

unless of course you have the patience of a saint and a can of the secrect 3m adhesive and are able to get it on the grip evenly.

Robert Haas gave me a pair of take-offs and you can have them for practice just pay shipping :eek:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Just pop open the gas cap, and heat the tank from the inside with a cutting torch............:woot:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just pop open the gas cap, and heat the tank from the inside with a cutting torch............:woot:

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-
That should get rid of the gas in there so I don't have to drain in LOL.

So that 3M spray on stuff will stick to pads then?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
I had to use some 3M spray adhesive stuff to stick some parts back on mine and it kinda worked. Not sure how it would fare with the whole thing though. I would just try and do it, and if it doesnt work, just plop down $40 and get a new set.

Or you could just mask around them when you paint..... If you want to be a little on the ghetto side. At least yours are black and not clear.

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
You could use the pad/grip glue for jet ski's.. its a rubber cement like substance..
to big a pain in the ass for me, I just bought another set for my second tank...unfortunatly, they no longer had Black ones..Discontinued. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.