Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just woke up to find my RC stolen, haven't been able to ride it in a month because some moron hit me and totalled my car leaving me with a hip that doesn't work anymore, anyway anyone in Vegas sees a 2002 RC with a 2003 tail and CA plate 16L1658 call the po-po, hopefully they will find it soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (backlash)

She was sitting outside at the apartment complex, was ordering a 2 way LCD alarm for it next week, little late for that now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Stolen RC from Las Vegas (RC51RobW)

man best of luck. I hope them f#%kers just simply die

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A motorcycle stolen!? In Las Vegas!!?! Who'da thunk it?

Seriously though that sucks. I hope you get it back and I hope it was insured.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Wrist Rocket)

funny thing was after my wreck I couldn't ride and had medical bills tp pay so I suspended the insurance for a month to help out with the bills, so no insurance, that's what pisses me off the most

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (RC51RobW)

Sorry to hear that bro, I know how you feel I also live in Vegas and my 03 RC got stolen last year. I lived off of Torrey and Trop in an apartment complex and I religiously wheeled my bike in at night. The one night I didnt it got gangked, gotta love Vegas man. I hope your ride gets recovered, hopefully it was just taken for a joy ride. Good luck bro.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Stolen RC from Las Vegas (RC51RobW)

Don't you just hate getting ripped off? Those low-life mo-fo's! What the hell are they thinking?

But, having lived in an apartment complex, I can tell you that your RC was like a schoolgirl at a crackhouse (or like filet mignon in a flytrap). Why not wheel her into the living room. Her beauty shure beats the crap that is on TV.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Stolen RC from Las Vegas (Area 51)

I would have but insisted on second floor so the neighbors wouldnt keep me up, getting it up the flight of stairs woulda been a pain, thanks for the replies guys, will let you know if I hear anything

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (RC51RobW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC51RobW »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">funny thing was after my wreck I couldn't ride and had medical bills tp pay so I suspended the insurance for a month to help out with the bills, so no insurance, that's what pisses me off the most</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dag man, leaving it outside an apartment complex, and then suspending the insurance!! IMO, you should have thought on that one. Know you don't want to hear that.. Didn't mean any harm. It is a known fact that modern day sportbikes will get stolen in a New York second when left out. And if they are left out in the same place for any period of time, they WILL get stolen quickly.

Hope they recover your bike, and your losses are nill..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (cehowardrc51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cehowardrc51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dag man, leaving it outside an apartment complex, and then suspending the insurance!! IMO, you should have thought on that one. Know you don't want to hear that.. Didn't mean any harm. It is a known fact that modern day sportbikes will get stolen in a New York second when left out. And if they are left out in the same place for any period of time, they WILL get stolen quickly.

Hope they recover your bike, and your losses are nill..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that I think about it, it probably wasn't the best idea but I thought because I'm in a newer and still nice area and because the complex is gated it would be ok, heck when I first got it I left the keys in it overnight by accident and it was still there the next morning, kind of had a false sense of security I guess, tough to hear but I appreciate everyones support (and criticism). I guess I just didn't realize how bad the theft rate was, definitely putting a 2-way alarm on the wife's Lexus though (her replacement car since I totaled her old Montero). I do know that Nevada has one of the highest recovery rates in the nation but that's still only about 35% from what I understand, keeping my fingers crossed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rc

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIN CITY RC »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll keep an eye out for it ... i'm up in the north west around cheyenne and 215...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I appreciate it I'm southwest at 215 and Rainbow so I figure it probably won't be anywhere around here, gonna check out the Harley Cafe Friday and Saturday know there are quite a few bikes hanging around up there, thanks for the eye.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: rc (RC51RobW)

Dam that pisses me off!
I hope they find it soon.
I have been through 2 stolen bikes, and only 1 was fully covered for insurance. -Both were crashed, and recovered by police within a couple months.
-I feel your pain.

Best Wishes.
-Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: rc (hearseboy)

its painfull to hear that bro..wish u recover it soonest..a freind lost his bike a month ago but recover it on the same day..apparently some kid took it for a joyride..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: rc (advocatt)

May be a coincidence but here is a link to a place here in Vegas that looks like they are parting out an '02 RC, probably a long shot and I have never heard anything about these guys.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/...earch

My question is do any of you local guys know anythng about this shop? The spools on the swingarm are the same as what I had but that could be most of the RC's here in Vegas, so far I really haven't been able to see any distinguishable parts so maybe it is just wishful thinking, I've pretty much given up on getting the bike back in one piece by now but I'm still looking for the S.O.B.'s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: rc (RC51RobW)

Did you have Pilot Powers as well? check out the wheels. I hope those F'ers die.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re:

Its worth a checking into, the bikes dont just dissapear.They end up getting parted out just like this one, if my bike got stolen and someone in my town was parting same year rc id be all over it.Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Re: (tg413)

Dude... sorry to hear about that man - both about the bike and the hip. Damn mothaf#%kas!!!

The guys are right though, check out the ones that are getting parted, etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts