Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owners of Two Wheels Only in Suches (GT and Britt) are not able to comment on specifics, but other folks (I have friends in the area who are riders, and who keep current with what's going on at T.W.O.) say that the previous owner, and father/father-in-law of the current owners, is being a crotchety SOB and is trying to force them to close down. If you've stayed at T.W.O. before GT and Britt took it over, or if you've stayed at the airport campsite before it was sold last year, you know who I'm talking about (and, probably, what a curmudgeon this guy is).

I'm not necessarily campaigning for donations for TWO, though I will be sending one along myself since I feel such an affinity for the place. Just thought that some of you would like to know, or can maybe help add details as they come forward.

Here's the original forwarded email:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:18:51 -0500
Subject: [twowheelsonly] legal defense fund

T.W.O. Motorcycle Resort
http://www.twowheelsonly.com

Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort has established the Two Wheels Only Legal Defense Fund. All donations will be kept in a separate account and will be used solely for the defense of any legal actions brought against Two Wheels Only or its owners. While Two Wheels Only cannot comment on any pending or threatened litigation, your donations are greatly appreciated.

Send to: Two Wheels Only Legal Defense Fund
PO Box 69
Suches GA 30572

Or you can make a secure online donation through Paypal, see:
http://twowheelsonly.com/legal_defense_fund.htm

Thanks...
GT & Britt Turner
Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort
PO Box 69 Suches GA 30572
http://www.twowheelsonly.com
1-706-747-5151

---------- End forwarded message ----------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Stolen information - T.W.O. (Duc)

Duc your only getting one side of the story, the wrong side. Frank is the guy who started TWO back in '86. Yes he can be a bit grouchy at times but after spending many dollars at TWO since the GT/Brit era I can honestly say I'll go stand on Franks side any day of the week! They (Brit/Gt) can kiss my ass and I mean that.
That smart ass Brit got under my skin the 1st time I met her.

Now you want to hear the real story if so I can tell you because I know it in detail. Brit/Gt did not keep their end of the lease agreement for leasing the main lodge & airport campgrounds. The Airport was going down hill fast (falling down) with them at the helm plus they did not keep any insurance on the place which was required by the lease agreement. 2ndly they were assholes and still are. I don't do business with them and have not in years I always stay over at the airport which was tolerable at best until time to go to the lodge to check out. Now I have stayed at the airport under Franks leadership & it is like old times much better surroundings & I don't have to hear all that front porch bullshit from people who thought the ride up 60 from atlanta was a challenge
or how fast they think they went up 180

Franks stepson Louie is in charge over at the sirport these days & he is one fine fellow!. They have built 3 new cabins with 3 more under construction. We stayed up there 4 times last year, once we met Louie & his wife at a Mexican rest. in Cumming one night he bought us at least 3 rounds of Margaritas. We finally had to get up & leave.
Cool guy and very fair. Frank has always done me right for staying at the airport, he is a rider. GT/Brit on the other hand are posers, want-a-bees! Plans for the airport grounds in the future are to remove the old shower house & replace it with a new lodge, build a few more cabins (which are very nice by the way) and expand the campgrounds. Frank has my support 100% screw em across the road.

And who needs a $10 frozen processed hamburger anyway

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Stolen information - T.W.O. (BALLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Duc your only getting one side of the story
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So tell us how you really feel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Stolen information - T.W.O. (svmango)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by svmango »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So tell us how you really feel.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think I already have

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I like Frank, the crusty ol fart. He cracks me up. I believe I'll stay with him whenever I go up.

Here's Frank's new setup. http://www.highvalleyresort.com/rates.htm

I made a comment on the TWO list about the upcoming Buell demos they're having at the TWO lodge and all I got back was a smart ass comment from Britt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALLS »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Duc your only getting one side of the story, the wrong side. Frank is the guy who started TWO back in '86. Yes he can be a bit grouchy at times but after spending many dollars at TWO since the GT/Brit era I can honestly say I'll go stand on Franks side any day of the week! They (Brit/Gt) can kiss my ass and I mean that.
That smart ass Brit got under my skin the 1st time I met her.

Now you want to hear the real story if so I can tell you because I know it in detail. Brit/Gt did not keep their end of the lease agreement for leasing the main lodge & airport campgrounds. The Airport was going down hill fast (falling down) with them at the helm plus they did not keep any insurance on the place which was required by the lease agreement. 2ndly they were assholes and still are. I don't do business with them and have not in years I always stay over at the airport which was tolerable at best until time to go to the lodge to check out. Now I have stayed at the airport under Franks leadership & it is like old times much better surroundings & I don't have to hear all that front porch bullshit from people who thought the ride up 60 from atlanta was a challenge
or how fast they think they went up 180

Franks stepson Louie is in charge over at the sirport these days & he is one fine fellow!. They have built 3 new cabins with 3 more under construction. We stayed up there 4 times last year, once we met Louie & his wife at a Mexican rest. in Cumming one night he bought us at least 3 rounds of Margaritas. We finally had to get up & leave.
Cool guy and very fair. Frank has always done me right for staying at the airport, he is a rider. GT/Brit on the other hand are posers, want-a-bees! Plans for the airport grounds in the future are to remove the old shower house & replace it with a new lodge, build a few more cabins (which are very nice by the way) and expand the campgrounds. Frank has my support 100% screw em across the road.

And who needs a $10 frozen processed hamburger anyway
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well- thanks Paul Harvey - Now I have the "rest of the story".
Now that I think about it, I kinda remember hearing about some logistical control split between the lodge portion and the open fields at the airport from a couple of years back.

Are "Gitt"/Britt leasing the burger shack & cabins from Frank, or are they all leasing the properties from another party?
I am really curious now to know what the deal is up with the "legal fund" and the issues behind it.

I admit I am less familiar with TWO than other camp/resorts, but when I read that a bike resort was looking for legal asistance, thought I would spread the word.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

TLSer - I could not find your post on the TWO board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TLSer - I could not find your post on the TWO board.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It was on the list, not their message board. That thing is dead.

On the list I'm Mark Ingle.

I said something like "are they (buell peeps) gonna let us get over 45 mph, cause they didn't last year." She came back and said something like they weren't there for us to ride at 10/10ths. Well, I never said they were. I don't know where it went from there. After her reply I didn't read any more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Stolen information - T.W.O. (TLSer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TLSer »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like Frank, the crusty ol fart. He cracks me up. I believe I'll stay with him whenever I go up.

Here's Frank's new setup. http://www.highvalleyresort.com/rates.htm

I made a comment on the TWO list about the upcoming Buell demos they're having at the TWO lodge and all I got back was a smart ass comment from Britt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey Mark I seen your post come across their mail list. I am still attached to the thing it provides good entertainment from time to time.

She is good with the "smart ass remarks" but as a business owner hse is a failure and funny joke.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Duc »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well- thanks Paul Harvey - Now I have the "rest of the story".
Now that I think about it, I kinda remember hearing about some logistical control split between the lodge portion and the open fields at the airport from a couple of years back.

Are "Gitt"/Britt leasing the burger shack & cabins from Frank, or are they all leasing the properties from another party?
I am really curious now to know what the deal is up with the "legal fund" and the issues behind it.

I admit I am less familiar with TWO than other camp/resorts, but when I read that a bike resort was looking for legal asistance, thought I would spread the word.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Duc I am not flaming you in any way. The story I have been told (from Frank
) is that yes they have always leased the property the lodge sits on and the airport was included in that lease also. They broke the lease in many ways and in short became a pain in the ass to Frank. He owns the lodge & airport grounds. Sure they want everyone to hate frank logical since they will soon be loosing their meal ticket. Louie will be running the place the way it should be run, as a business. He knows how to do that & do it well. I remember the lodge when GT & Brit were not there, it was not heaven but it was alot better back then IMO. Today you just have to many people comign there that have no idea what the place originally was. They are RUBS from Atlanta & surrounding states mostly the Harley crowd & metric bike crowd. No adventure types or respectable sportbike riders there anymore. Squids are plentiful but even they are not hanging out much at the place. They seem to prefer Dale's store up on the corner of 60 & 180. I've watched the place go to the dogs in a very short time.

As for the fund I predict they'll take the money & run in the end. I noticed Brit's Buell blast was for sale, the one with 1500 miles on it that SHE never rode.
She wants $3000 for that turd, hell you can buy a new one for that.

I go up there alot but I have not stayed over at the lodge in aloooong time! Airport for me. I just can't stand the attitude over at the lodge, never liked it since they took over.

Frank & Louie will eventually terminate their lease & who knows what will come of the old lodge. One thing is for sure it has to be better in the end than it is now.

I have made some good friends over the years up there who own their own places in and around Suches. I go there these days to ride with them since they know all the roads & trails. I could really care less about TWO at the lodge. High Valley has my business these days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I don't feel "flamed" Mango is being " Mango " for whatever thats worth.

This is good insight for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts