Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some opinion on my stock fork springs of my 00-01 bike.
When i serviced the forks i wanted to measure the lenght of the springs to know if they are still within the service limit.
rh spring was 254,3 and lh spring was 251,7 service limit is 250,5, so both are still o.k. but the difference in lenght between the 2 makes me worried.
Could this be a problem ?

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
while i dont know for certain, logic would tell me its ok. following the logic that sometimes fork builders will use two different weight springs in the forks to reach a happy medium so to speak. like a .90 and a .95 to make a .925 spring rate.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
while i dont know for certain, logic would tell me its ok. following the logic that sometimes fork builders will use two different weight springs in the forks to reach a happy medium so to speak. like a .90 and a .95 to make a .925 spring rate.
That's what my racebike has, different oil in each tube also.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's what my racebike has, different oil in each tube also.
If your forks have both compression and rebound valving in each fork, why would you run differing oil weight/viscosity in each leg?
For forks that have compression valving in one leg and rebound in the other (ex. R1, FZ1) I can see why.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your forks have both compression and rebound valving in each fork, why would you run differing oil weight/viscosity in each leg?
For forks that have compression valving in one leg and rebound in the other (ex. R1, FZ1) I can see why.
As far as i know the fork oil can(if the brand/type are the same) be mixed together to create a certain visco. I've never heard of putting different visco's in each leg. But hey ,thats why i'm here to get good idea's and learn....
As nobody knows it for sure ,i'm still not very confinced about the different spring lenght.....:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts