Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Boy, that video brought back some memories of RA, back in the day of the "Gravity Cavity".

I remember the first time I went there. I could not believe the elevation changes, which no video does justice to. My first time out for practice, even though I had been warned, I went uphill out of T1 and just about missed T2 (duh). It took me about three laps to be able to keep the throttle pinned on the back straight, but after that I got used to it. IIRC, the year before, a rider on a Suzuki was killed when he lost control of his bike and struck an abutment at the Gravity Cavity. Very sad.

Some of those bikes looked like they were dragging boat anchors down the back straight... ;)

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scary fast track! Did the dude on the Kawi in the beginning have outriggers!:wtf
He was in a wheelchair, feet velcroed on, no way to lean off, one way ticket to a lowside. Plus he squared off the turns. I made sure there was space between he and I

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Very cool vib! I too was wondering what the kawi had hanging off it....cool that someone with no use of thier legs would jump on a bike! :rockon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts