Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so be gentile. I'm ready to invest in a steering damper ( I learned the hardway!) I'm looking at Ohlins and Toby, I heard that the cartridge style dampers
are a little inconsistent...Amybody have any advice or feedback on these?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Steering Damper Question (tcarroll22)

I like my Scott's. Most of the guys here have Scotts or GPRs. I think you'll be happy w/ any top quality damper whether it's rotary style or stick style.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+1 for the scotts, universal damper so if u have different bikes, u can just pluck it from one bike to the next

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (TheMainEvent)

i run a GPR rotory style. 400 bux and includes a different fairing stay to clear the damper. Scotts fits under the stock fairing stay. same price, but you'll need the $80 or so mounting kit to boot.

GPR-lifetime warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Rigor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rigor »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i run a GPR rotory style. 400 bux and includes a different fairing stay to clear the damper. Scotts fits under the stock fairing stay. same price, but you'll need the $80 or so mounting kit to boot.

GPR-lifetime warranty.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

$400 for the scotss includes the mounting kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A couple of months ago, Bike magazine did a test on dampers. They did a more "in depth" comparison on the GPR and Scotts. While they were both great, they found the Scotts had too many adjustments for the layman on the street, and if you don't know what you're doing, it was easily screwed up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (HanZcap)

I bought it for that price cause' I also purchased PC III, new tirez (M1's), and Sato frame sliderz...so they gave me a good price.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts