Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO

Have anybody changed their steering head bearings, to a tapered needle bearings. If somebody have done this please let me know where you got the bearings. Or what size the bearings should be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Steering bearings replacement with tapered needle bearings (veturi)

I did this to my YZF 750 sp. I also did this to my CBR900rr so there are kits available.

If I remember correctly, K & L Supply carries bearing replacement kits. I would start there.

K & L is wholesale only, so you will need to go through a shop.

Sorry I dont have a better memory.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Steering bearings replacement with tapered needle bearings (eye-p)

As I explained to you before you need to disassemble your triple tree and measure the inner,outer and height of the bearing.

For Example on the sp2 the outer race or OD is 54 mm the Inner is 35 mm and the bearing height is 14 mm this is the upper and If I remember correctly the sp2 uses the same size bearings top and bottom. The sp1 uses a smaller upper and I don't have the Dims on that

You go into any bearing shop, (look it up in the yellow pages) and give the person behind the counter your dimensions and he will give you what you are looking for. Here's the thing if you buy a "kit" all you are doing is paying twice the actual cost to someone that figured this out and buys the bearings from the same source.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Steering bearings replacement with tapered needle bearings (sp2pilot)

Sure he can do this, but it would most likely be easier for him in "kit" form, no?

Has this subject been beaten to death already?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Steering bearings replacement with tapered needle bearings (eye-p)

ok I will sell you a "kit" for uhhhh 125.00 you will need a lower seal I will sell you that for....(lets see Ron Ayers wants 14 bucks so ...clicly..clicky.....) 28.00 bucks so for a grand toatl of,...(clicky,.. carry the 3,...click ...) 153.00 dollars plus shipping,..uhm say 10 bucks and of cours a handling charge,..( I am handling myself right now actually) ok 185 dollars and I will send you your very own special RC 51 Tapered Needle Bearing kit from RobertCo Industries, A division of fly-by-night Inc.

Or you can go down to A Timken dealer and pay 50 bucks for both

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
or you could get it from K7L for $54. retail.

But I guess it would be proper to spend $50 in a non MC industry business...

Whatever.

The point is that yes it can be done- and would be a reasonable mod, IMHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone have the measurements for the bearings. So i could purchase them before dismantling the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Timken bearing will hold onto grease better and is easier to service a ball bearing setup- at least in my experience.

It also seems to feel better to me. A Timken bearing spreads the load over a larger surface than the 10 small points of the ball bearings.

For $20-$50 depending where you buy the parts, I think it is worthwhile to do when you do a regular fork service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (eye-p)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eye-p »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or you could get it from K7L for $54. retail.

But I guess it would be proper to spend $50 in a non MC industry business...

Whatever.

The point is that yes it can be done- and would be a reasonable mod, IMHO.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yo idiot, where the phuck do you think K&L sources their bearings? You think they are Building them in the back next to the Chinese Scissor Jacks they sell?

There is only one Timken and they supply more then half of the worlds bearings. Including the Motorcycle Industy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (veturi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by veturi »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone have the measurements for the bearings. So i could purchase them before dismantling the bike.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uhm let me see....<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For Example on the sp2 the outer race or OD is 54 mm the Inner is 35 mm and the bearing height is 14 mm this is the upper and If I remember correctly the sp2 uses the same size bearings top and bottom. The sp1 uses a smaller upper and I don't have the Dims on that

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now if you have a SP1 ( I have no idea as you have yet to identify the model you are trying to do this mod on
) I will take apart a spare upper I have and get the Dims. for you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (aces anugal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aces anugal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Typical response.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hows this?

Pay me the phucking money you owe me you lowlife piece of shit.

You are a lowlife,welching,used car salesman that deserves less respect then a used Tampon in a rat factory.

I di offer the guy help, in fact I offered it offline and via E-Mails and PM's I took apart the lower on a wrecked RC i the back of my shop to confirm the Dimensions so he could order the parts he is asking for.

What the phuck have you ever done for anybody Salesboy? Until you realize that you are at the bottom of the food-chain around here I got nothing but contempt for you.

Blow me phuctard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (sp2pilot)

Typical response.
Bobby, you're to freakin' easy. I told one of my low-life salesmen buddies to watch this guy's response - Hook, line and sinker.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yo idiot, where the phuck do you think K&L sources their bearings? You think they are Building them in the back next to the Chinese Scissor Jacks they sell?

There is only one Timken and they supply more then half of the worlds bearings. Including the Motorcycle Industy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did I miss something here? Is there some reason you are getting worked up about this that I am unaware of?

Whatever.

Again.

Carry on, E-Thug.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ladies and germs, I do indeed owe Bobby Bitchin 20 bucks. I bet him on this fine site, that Colin Edwards would win a race of some type at Laguna, and Edwards didn't. Sorry I'll get your 20 bucks to you one of these days. Take it freakin' easy there, Bob. AND, I didn't go to his little shin-dig at his house after I told him I probably would. - But alas, I was camping at Laguna that year and, the thought of leaving and coming back on a Saturday night didn't sound too appealing. I'm sure the party went off without a hitch without me. For all I've done to you Robert Haas, I am Truly sorry.
And yes, I am a motorcycle salesman. What have I done for anybody? I sold about 250 bikes last year to some pretty greatfull enthusiasts. Again, I'm sorry about that.
This is fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aces anugal »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Ladies and germs, I do indeed owe Bobby Bitchin 20 bucks. I bet him on this fine site, that Colin Edwards would win a race of some type at Laguna, and Edwards didn't. Sorry I'll get your 20 bucks to you one of these days. Take it freakin' easy there, Bob. AND, I didn't go to his little shin-dig at his house after I told him I probably would. - But alas, I was camping at Laguna that year and, the thought of leaving and coming back on a Saturday night didn't sound too appealing. I'm sure the party went off without a hitch without me. For all I've done to you Robert Haas, I am Truly sorry.
And yes, I am a motorcycle salesman. What have I done for anybody? I sold about 250 bikes last year to some pretty greatfull enthusiasts. Again, I'm sorry about that.
This is fun.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well Phuctard as Far as My party I did ask you to RSVP and made it real clear to be honest as My wife and I would like to be able to have a proper amount of Food and beverages for our "guests" The party was on Friday.

You did send an RSVP. in fact you RSVP'd that you were bring 3 guest with you. You e-mailed me 3 times and I responded that your friends were more then welcome. You then just blew us off. thus not only wasting food and beverage counts by a factor of 4, but what ever. In your phucked up world I am sure this is a totally normal thing to do. Hell I am sure you screw people over as sport.

You sold 250 bikes last year? As incredible as that may be, I see no gesture of assistance. I see a guy hooking every possible customer he can, Selling him what ever generates the most revenue in your pocket. You sure as hell ain't doing this out of the kindness of your heart.

So you work 50 weeks a year and sell a bike every single day. Oh you poor overworked giver. How honorable you appear to the world. I am sure you really believe it

Well so much for this thread. The guy asked for help on Tapered needl bearings I did try to help. I guess this is a better way to help. Display to the world what a asswipe our San Diego Motorcycle salesman truly is Aaron Legan. You sir are a parasite

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thank you.
Anybody want to buy a bike? I sell Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha.(actually, I sold 274 bikes last year- but don't tell Robert) If you guys want a deal, contact me, "The Parasite"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Hey I just put in a phone call to your shop, I asked for the Manager and left a voice mail asking him how his top salesman can spend so much time on line during regular business hours? I mean hell if business is so slow that his top salesman is just surfing the Internet all day... Maybe he could lay off a couple people and pass the savings to his customers.

Actually I did not do that I just left my name and asked him to call me back. (I hate voice mail)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Ummmmm, ok. "Asked for the Manager" That's funny. There's no need to call Robert, just keep typing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts