Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It'll never happen.
Self defense - if everything that I've heard so far is true (a big if).

I saw Zimmerman's attorney on AC360. He said that when the cops arrived at the scene Zimmerman had a broken nose and a cut on the back of his head. That's evidence of self defense. Martin is not here to tell his side of the story. As far as we know there are no eye witnesses. What law did Zimmerman break? None that I know of. This whacko Stand Your Gound law in Florida allows for this type of thing, apparently.

Another thing the attorney said is that Zimmerman had mentored a young black kid and his wife mentored a young black girl. They don't sound like racists to me.

Some are saying that the recording of the conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher captures Zimmerman saying a racial slur - "those *****", or something like that - I'm not sure what the first word is supposed to be. But I've heard that recording. The rhythm is there for those words but there is no way to tell what was said because the sound is so bad. To hear those words you have to WANT to hear those words.

There are also suggestions that the dispatcher told Zimmerman NOT to pursue. But she did not say that. She said "we don't need you to do that". That is not an order or even a request, and even if she had told him not to pursue she is not an officer - I'm not sure she would have the legal authority to order someone in that way. Anyone know?

So really, what we've got is a type of lynching of Zimmerman. Most people I've heard from think he's guilty of murder. I suspected the same at first. But the evidence is not there. He was completely within his rights to pursue Martin and ask questions. Martin, for his part, had no responsibility to even answer him. Legally he could have continued walking home. There's no telling what Zimmerman might have said or done. Martin is gone. No eye witnesses. But there is evidence of self defense - if the attorney is correct.

Zimmerman would never be convicted and will probably never even be charged.

But we'll see.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, Florida was warned that this type of incident would happen and they passed the law anyway. The NRA pushed hard for it.

I heard David Brooks on the Newshour last night:
He said that it has been scientifically proven that people who carry guns are prone to thinking that other people are too. And they also are not trained the way officers are. Combine that with the fact that people carry guns out of fear. They are predisposed to shoot when not necessary. Look for this law to change.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Where was the "reverend" al sharpton (et al) in say, Oakland or Detroit or Chicago when on a DAILY BASIS black men and boys are shooting EACH OTHER on a daily basis? I guess it's only REALLY a crime if someone "non black" shoots 'em. THAT is the mindset that KEEPS entire generations in the gutter, and lines the pockets of the shrill manipulative scum like sharpton and jessie (gag!) jackson. The minute "their people" see through the bullshit, the sooner they will get their shit together.

Semper Fi!

-Rocky-

·
2,737 Posts
This might be a Rodney King redux.

I remember the first few hours of the Rodney coverage when they showed the whole video. Then conveniently the vid was shortened to show only the cops layin a whoopin on poor ol Rodney.

I can't add much to the Zimmie situation other than what the hell is the President of the United States doing on national tv commenting on a situation like this. Totally tactless.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
What was Obama doing making a statement? It's just more proof he's a national disgrace. Token black put into office because it's time for a black president. Nothing but a fool, no class, no experience, a thug who BS'd his way into The White House with the help of those looking for a historic moment. Fools and nothing more.

Now, the weapon used was a Kel Tec 9mm semiauto. It was recovered with no round in the chamber and a full magazine. Now, what does that tell you? What would make a semiauto gun not function? Are there powder burns on the black kids hands? Were his hands cut? What kind of cut(s) and where were those cuts located?

Once we have that information THEN we can try to come to a conclusion. Was there a struggle for the weapon? Was there a fight?

Neither of them was an angel as the media would have you believe.

The neighborhood has been suffering from multiple robberies. The neighborhood watch group was patrolling the area. A kid is seen and he's "not from around here" so he's followed.

And then what happened?

Until we know the answers to those questions it's nieve to draw any conclusion. I swear, these liberals would like to see a 1-800 number that we can all use to vote on innocence or guilt.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was Obama doing making a statement?
He was asked. Didn't you see the video?

And he said let's wait and see the evidence.

You're about as partisan as a sow with her cubs. It makes everything you say sort of meaningless.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Stand your Ground...

Isnt that what the kid did? :(

Is it not a fact that Zimmerman pursued... even after being told by dispatch NOT to? Didnt he complain that he thought 'they' always get away? Did he say "fvcking *****"? Did he say "He's up to something"? Was the gun the reason he confronted this kid? Did he have a right to confront? If the kid shot him with a gun.. then what? Put yourself in the kid's shoes. You think the kid would have been let go?

Zimmerman had no training, right or authority to confront and no regard for this kid's privacy, independence or likelihood of innocence... Let alone, his right to life, liberty or pursuit of happiness. This used to be what real American conservatives' stood for. It is one of any 'patriot's' greatest loves and sternest and steadfast declarations.

Above all else.. life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... the King be damned! I am not surprised to see so many ding-a-lings disparage the kid, his family and his supporters without mentioning his rights...
Before church, party or family.. life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.:eek:

Some crazy people are content, inventing reality as they go, from guesses, feelings and incompetent, moronic speculation. ...like Zimmerman did to Martin... the gun made him judge, jury and executioner, "Stand your Ground" was his excuse and escape..
Reich wingers want to act like Zimmerman en masse, throughout the globe... as a policy! They 'feel' their mighty military makes them judge, jury and executioner. Whats so great about destroying humanity and earth when it turns out you're wrong about things? Have the right's serial offenders really been held accountable yet? Ask a big banker if he's been held accountable for anything.:eek:

Reich wingers think the police should beat suspects on the streets and shoot protesters.. so, it's not really too surprising that they think this is the kid's fault.

Stand your ground... but never turn your cheek... Jesus wants you to shoot people you judge(even though you were told not to judge)...

OMG!!! Lest ye be judged

:(

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Lol @ Spike Lee! What a maroon! OMFG, those poor people at that addy...doh.

Gawd, I read so many dough headed right wing responses, I actually puked a little.
Try to get a ding dong-a-ling to answer the most basic of questions or face basic, KNOWN facts!!

Did Martin have the right to 'stand his ground'? The answer is YES.
Not yes 'but'.. Just yes, no color, no race, no money, no age, no locale... just yes.
Saying that he didnt and Zimmer did is ab-so-fvcking-lutely re-tar-dead... WTF is America built on? The right to jump in front of a stranger, who is unarmed, and declare that you are bearing your arms and standing your ground? Sounds like something only a reich winger could suppose.

ALL indicators show that Zimmer was going to confront this kid. That is not legal! The police told him NOT TO! THE POLICE wanted to arrest him! Thats more credible than racist, armchair jurist white guys ignoring evidence, facts and common sense(yet again..sigh) "Oh, lets just go with our feeling despite the mountain of evidence" that says police should: Arrest this guy and let the LAW deal with him! But look at reich wingers approch to Obama! Facts be damned! They just change facts because their TV said it was OK to do so... This truth business sure takes more time and effort than emotions dont it? :eek:

So, you see this frontier ignorance coming back to the streets of America in 2012! Aint TV wonderful? Wow.. fear filled 1/2 men idiots with their fcking hand guns. Emotional enough to be afraid enough to carry a gun but about as qualified to use it as a child. All the whil;e, ZEWRO big picture in their brains or hearts, zero perspective and zero learning from history. And all the bozos who, instead of refining a law, jump on the side of keeping laws that are patently absurd(but sell more guns).. fits with RWN modus operandi. Make that a national campaign and you have a goping hole in the intelligence quotient.
Soem morons claim there was no profiling going on. Doh! Just admit it! Its not a crime to personally profile someone, to access and judge a threat and to be cautious when trends are likely to produce a situation based on past trends. Thats FAIR morons. But to say, you're allowed to do what this asshole did.. right winger cannot look far enough ahead or deeply enough into reality to see how this would work of EVERYONE has a gun, especially, in this case, Mr. Martin!

Anyone sick of right wingers complaining about left wing media? I am. Boohoo bozos with their lying news network complaining about any truth that may be covered outside of their emotional and opinion based false news network.. too juvenile to check facts or follow the law.

Drones...:cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Are you aware that there is an eye witness and that he says Zimmerman was on the bottom and calling for help?

FYI, it's not illegal to ask someone what they are doing in your neighborhood. In fact, if Martin knew the neighborhood history he should have expected residents to be concerned by his presence. If it were me, the only thing I can picture me doing is answering Zimmerman in a quiet, non-threatening way. It sounds like Martin went the other way with it.

Zimmerman was not ordered NOT to pursue. He was told "we don't need you to do that".

Practically everything I've heard so far points to self defense by someone who probably shouldn't have put himself in that situation to begin with. Martin over-reacted. It was basically a big misunderstanding on both parts. Death is what happens when you have Stand Your Ground. NRA? Where are you? Come out, come out, wherever you are.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Are you aware that there is an eye witness and that he says Zimmerman was on the bottom and calling for help?

So far, thats a rumor. Keep in mind my friend, The police have less than honest record in these parts. Zero dirt on killerman's clothes, no blood and no obvious wounds.. We shall see. Paramedics, other photos, witnesses etc.

FYI, it's not illegal to ask someone what they are doing in your neighborhood.
Like asking directions? One is not obligated to give directions though or tell anyone anything. Martin was under no law that required him to answer Killerman. Let me ask you.. Did Martin have the right to 'Stand his Ground'?

In fact, if Martin knew the neighborhood history he should have expected residents to be concerned by his presence.
wow.. Thats some scary chit right there! "If"! :eek:

If it were me, the only thing I can picture me doing is answering Zimmerman in a quiet, non-threatening way. It sounds like Martin went the other way with it.
Does it? Why? Try to imagine the kid's POV.. This guy proved(by his comments!!!) he was judge and jury. He was angry and armed. Think about it. 'These fvcking assholes" "fvcking *****", "He's up to something", "He's on drugs", He's hiding something"... Hmmm, really think about it. While Killerman was saying these thing he was acting too! This kid was talking to his girlfriend. When he noticed Killerman he had only one 'judgement' of his killer. The guy was following him with bad intent.. Please understand the bad intent was verbalized in above statements... and verified by his own damn statements!

Zimmerman was not ordered NOT to pursue. He was told "we don't need you to do that".

You dont NOT have the right to pursue unarmed, innocent people do you?

Practically everything I've heard so far points to self defense by someone who probably shouldn't have put himself in that situation to begin with.
So, you get in someone's face and cause them to be afraid of you then shoot them if they defend themselves and that's self defense? Whoa cowboy! :confused:

Martin over-reacted.
I am trying to understand..the guy with the gun is allowed to stalk and pursue, accuse and intimidate and then 'stand his ground', but the innocent, unarmed man(trying to flee) is not allowed to stand his if confronted... WOW!

It was basically a big misunderstanding on both parts. Death is what happens when you have Stand Your Ground. NRA? Where are you? Come out, come out, wherever you are.
Looks like a murder to me. There are limited ways to spin it. Race doesnt matter. Facts are what matters.. we shall see.

Scary Police Dept...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Gog, the more you type the more stupid you look. If one looks up the word hypocrisy in the dictionary they'll find your picture. What world do you live in? What's it like? Is there a medication you can take to regain the ability to engage in even a bit of rational thought?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, it's not a rumour. I heard audio. Could be faked audio but I doubt it.

Your posts are too long, Gog. I can debate all those things but let's just wait and see. Sounds like self defense after Martin over-reacted to Zuperman. It's a musunderstanding turned into tragedy brought on by burglars and gun nuts.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Gog, the more you type the more stupid you look. If one looks up the word hypocrisy in the dictionary they'll find your picture. What world do you live in? What's it like? Is there a medication you can take to regain the ability to engage in even a bit of rational thought?
I live in a world of facts and science moron. Not like you with rumor and fantasy. If anyone here gets the dumbass award it you duf..ooops Dan. :D

Simple question folks...

Did Travon Martin have the right to stand his ground?

Gee, not that hard to answer yes or no and give a simple explanation ....

·
Registered
118 Posts
No, it's not a rumour. I heard audio. Could be faked audio but I doubt it.

Your posts are too long, Gog. I can debate all those things but let's just wait and see. Sounds like self defense after Martin over-reacted to Zuperman. It's a musunderstanding turned into tragedy brought on by burglars and gun nuts.

Folks, we have a winner right here. Bravo.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look at this comment to one news article:

<LI class=commenter>Paul %%%%%%<LI class=commenterLocation>Helena Montana
George Zimmerman is the latest poster boy for the NRA, which has recklessly advocated for the expansion concealed weapon use in this country.

This organization has unloosed horrific gun violence on this country, and if any good can come from the death of the latest NRA victim, let it be that Americans will finally stand up to the Gun Lobby and shout NO MORE!

According to the Executive Director of the Violence Policy Center, Josh Sugarmann, concealed weapons permit holders have killed 402 citizens since May 2007, including numerous law enforcement officers and several mass killings.

The policy center also reports that the NRA is now supporting legislation in the US Congress--S. 2188-- which would require states which permit concealed weapons to recognize ALL out-of-state permits, even if the out-of-state carrier could not qualify for a permit in that state.

This country seems at times to have gone gun crazy, but nothing in the wonderful world of guns seems too crazy for the NRA.

ps for the record, I am a hunter and a gun owner. I've never felt the need however to carry a firearm to a store, church, school, party, hearing, sidewalk, street, park or any other place where my fellow citizens have gathered in the public commons, let alone a concealed one."

Don't blame me. I didn't say it.;)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I live in a world of facts and science moron. Not like you with rumor and fantasy. If anyone here gets the dumbass award it you duf..ooops Dan. :D

Simple question folks...

Did Travon Martin have the right to stand his ground?

Gee, not that hard to answer yes or no and give a simple explanation ....
Stand his ground from what? What exactly did Zuperman do or say? You don't know. So why are you assuming there was a reason to stand his ground. I find that phrase amuzing too. How do you stand your ground against words. By punching someone in the face? It doesn't make sense. I'd guess either Zuperman did something physical to start it or else Martin over-reacted and attacked.

Zuperman has a wife and maybe a child (not sure). If you were him, would you haul off and shoot someone for no good reason when anyone could see or video? What was Zimmerman's motive? Race? A man who mentored a black kid? Not likely.

Zuperman's profiling was a little off and he bit off more than he could chew. Martin decided to beat the shit out of him for it. But Zuperman had a gun and shot Martin because Z's a puss. Probably not a criminal though.

·
Naturally Exasperated
4,019 Posts
Look at this comment to one news article:

<LI class=commenter>Paul %%%%%%<LI class=commenterLocation>Helena Montana
George Zimmerman is the latest poster boy for the NRA, which has recklessly advocated for the expansion concealed weapon use in this country.

This organization has unloosed horrific gun violence on this country, and if any good can come from the death of the latest NRA victim, let it be that Americans will finally stand up to the Gun Lobby and shout NO MORE!

According to the Executive Director of the Violence Policy Center, Josh Sugarmann, concealed weapons permit holders have killed 402 citizens since May 2007, including numerous law enforcement officers and several mass killings.

The policy center also reports that the NRA is now supporting legislation in the US Congress--S. 2188-- which would require states which permit concealed weapons to recognize ALL out-of-state permits, even if the out-of-state carrier could not qualify for a permit in that state.

This country seems at times to have gone gun crazy, but nothing in the wonderful world of guns seems too crazy for the NRA.

ps for the record, I am a hunter and a gun owner. I've never felt the need however to carry a firearm to a store, church, school, party, hearing, sidewalk, street, park or any other place where my fellow citizens have gathered in the public commons, let alone a concealed one."

Don't blame me. I didn't say it.;)
When you're dealing with people who see responsibility as someone else's problem.. add guns to the mix of ignorant, fear filled lives.. ow.

mfreeman Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
Sounds like self defense after Martin over-reacted to Zuperman. It's a musunderstanding turned into tragedy brought on by burglars and gun nuts.

Folks, we have a winner right here. Bravo.
C'mon, the kid is now a burglar? AMAZING! Thats what drives people crazy about RWNutters.. Reality is what they feel. Facts be damned...

Who has a record.. of violence? multiple accounts? Killerman does, thats who. You wonder why I call RWns out on Jimmy540i?... Not because I love Jimmy. I dont defend Tayvon either when I say look at the facts. But RWNs have to invent boogiemen and change the laws of physics, common sense, evidence and the laws of the land in order to start a war, a fight, a rumor or the downfall of democracy. Then, they live happily(inside and out) because their low-ass-ball life standard has been met.

The kind of 'standard' you see a xenophobic, racists and pedophile church peddling to ignorant pews of judgmental, anti Jesus idiots...:eek:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.